The Gallery

GMB Studio Mock

GOOD MORNING BRITAIN, Studio and Graphics (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
No knowing how this is going to go down, but I'd love some feedback from this studio mock! I have spent a lot of time on this mock, and made major changes since I last posted any images.
Media/ Small interview area. The chairs (and sideboard) could be removed to make it better for social media.

2. Sofa area, whilst not the main presentation part of the studio, the Sofas could be used for the final part of the show, or for interviews with guests. The surround could be used after adverts of the end of any full screen graphic, where the studio hasn't been on screen.
3. The largest screen on set, mainly used when there is someone out of the studio, being interviewed by one of the presenters. The riser allows for close up presentation, like weather, however that would usually happen on screen opposite!.
4. The desk area would be used as a default presentation section. the screens behind would show relevant information during the programme, whilst the double small screens in the background can be used for sport/ news updates by Charlotte and Sean who'd sit on the left and right respectively.
5. Finally, a complete view of the studio. (all measurements, including hight, are real for ITV's London Studios, Studio 5: where GMB will be broadcast)

I would also like to publicly thanks DanielK for the support and advice whilst I've produced this studio. I have some pictures of developments previous of this final design so let me know if you'd like to see them.

Feedback would as ever be gratefully received.

EDIT Okay, so I've made some minor changes to this studio design, as seen above in (1).
Last edited by HJL on 22 April 2014 2:16pm - 19 times in total
GM
gmb2014
Wow, I really like this. It's definitely improving.
PC
PCarter1998
Wow, I really like this. It's definitely improving.

I like it, it's really good but the small interview area is a little This Morning...
HJ
HJL
An alternative design for the studio, where the sofa takes pride of place, but it's still anticipated for the desk to be the primary presentation area. I hope you like this idea.

Please, if you like it change your rating or rate it according, if you don't, Tell Me! I want to make it better, and can't without others opinions! Very Happy

Im also attempting to render some of this, so I'll post images if it works!
AS
ASO
I really like the studio. Well done. But I think that the wood is too dark, and too much of it. Perhaps choose a nice oak for the raised platforms, and not have wood for the rest of the floor?

The sofa is a little weird. I've never seen a sofa such weirdly shaped. Also I don't think it should be black. The rest of it is quite warm and homely, just not the sofa.

Otherwise it's nice to look at.

I'm liking what you've done with the screens too. Smile
HJ
HJL
ASO posted:
I really like the studio. Well done. But I think that the wood is too dark, and too much of it. Perhaps choose a nice oak for the raised platforms, and not have wood for the rest of the floor?

The sofa is a little weird. I've never seen a sofa such weirdly shaped. Also I don't think it should be black. The rest of it is quite warm and homely, just not the sofa.

I originally had the floor as an ordinary plain grey, as it is currently in the Daybreak studio, but was persuaded to make it a wooden colour, although the person who wanted it wooden wanted it dark. I disagreed with the motion that it should be dark, so we compromised with this. Do you think with a grey floor it would look okay? I do! With regard to the sofa, It's my own design, and I'll look at changing the materials, whilst I like the shape!

I really glad you like the screens, I"ve spent a long time moving them, but Im really glad with this formation. Can I ask, do you prefer the set up in the first lot of pictures, with the larger area for the desk, or the second set up, with the sofa in the larger space.
Thanks for such a great response! Very Happy
AS
ASO
ASO posted:

I originally had the floor as an ordinary plain grey, as it is currently in the Daybreak studio, but was persuaded to make it a wooden colour, although the person who wanted it wooden wanted it dark. I disagreed with the motion that it should be dark, so we compromised with this. Do you think with a grey floor it would look okay? I do! With regard to the sofa, It's my own design, and I'll look at changing the materials, whilst I like the shape!
I really glad you like the screens, I"ve spent a long time moving them, but Im really glad with this formation. Can I ask, do you prefer the set up in the first lot of pictures, with the larger area for the desk, or the second set up, with the sofa in the larger space. Thanks for such a great response! Very Happy

Jeez, it's your mock! I think it would would look fine grey, and more stylish with a touch of oak here and there.

I like the second lot. Smile It was an improvement.

Newer posts