TV Home Forum

Sit-Up TV in Administration

Bid and Price Drop are off air (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CN
cnnfan1230
Just in:

BidTV and Price Drop will close later today
BR
Brekkie
I guess then as they effectively rent rather than own the Freeview slots they'd revert back to the mux operator rather than be sold on as part of the administration process.
:-(
A former member
Who would want to buy the slots? Sky? Discovery?
LL
London Lite Founding member
CBS Chello Zone could bid (no pun intended) for the 0800-0000 COM5 and the 24/7 DVB-T2 COM7 slots on Freeview for their two remaining channels not on the platform.
DA
David
The disgusting vultures on shoppingtelly.com seem happy. Disgusting people, if you thought the rota threads on here were a bit stalkery then they just take it to another level completely. Even now they are talking about a presenters children. Bid Shopping should probably have sued them rather than funded them through advertising.

Thoughts on Twitter are generally more positive.

Here are some words from former presenters...

http://www.sit-up.tv/ is still up at the moment.
As is this stream (showing the same as on TV)
rtmp://wowza04.sharp-stream.com/bidtv/bidtv
JB
JasonB
Will there be a live announcement of the closure or will the current on air caption change to an announcement of closure?
AJ
AJ
David posted:
The disgusting vultures on shoppingtelly.com seem happy. Disgusting people, if you thought the rota threads on here were a bit stalkery then they just take it to another level completely. Even now they are talking about a presenters children. Bid Shopping should probably have sued them rather than funded them through advertising.

That website is totally abhorrent. The creatures that inhabit it are lower than scum. It's always bad when a group of people genuinely dedicated to their work lose their jobs, but it's even worse when people revel in it.
David and London Lite gave kudos
AJ
AJ
Will there be a live announcement of the closure or will the current on air caption change to an announcement of closure?

Why would they do that? There's no pennies to do anything like that. Usually when things like this go down, it's a "grab your belongings and leave" kind of scenario. They'll stick a technical problem slide up and get out of there - after all, they're not getting paid.
JO
Jon
AJ posted:
That website is totally abhorrent. The creatures that inhabit it are lower than scum. It's always bad when a group of people genuinely dedicated to their work lose their jobs, but it's even worse when people revel in it.

They won't be so happy in two weeks time when it hits them they need to find something to do with their lives.
TA
Tao
Incredibly upset to hear about the demise of bid today. I've watched it since my student days; and followed it religiously (sadly?) until about 2005. I had a pretty good back/forth banter with some of the higher-ups that worked there in the earlier years. This resulted in some of the master commissioned tracks being sent my way (some of them which I never leaked are available here now):

Including two full versions of the 2004 bid-up.tv track
- The original broadcast track with full end string (8mins)
- A junked track with additional instrumentation (can be heard from about 30sec into track)
-- 2004- bid-up.tv new concentrate 1.4 (junked).mp3 - cool track if you haven't heard it.

The four full master tracks from the bid.tv 2007 package is also included here.

I know quite a few of these ended up leaked/on youtube; but hopefully some of you would like a copy of the masters for a keepsake

http://derp.dazusu.com
(files ending.WAV are master tracks)

Enjoy, I'll leave it up for around 24hrs from the date of this post.
Last edited by Tao on 18 April 2014 3:57pm - 2 times in total
JB
JasonB
Tao posted:
Incredibly upset to hear about the demise of bid today. I've watched it since my student days; and followed it religiously (sadly?) until about 2005. I had a pretty good back/forth banter with some of the higher-ups that worked there in the earlier years. This resulted in some of the master commissioned tracks being sent my way (some of them which I never leaked are available here now):

Including two full versions of the 2004 bid-up.tv track
- The original broadcast track with full end string (8mins)
- A junked track with additional instrumentation (can be heard from about 30sec into track)
-- 2004- bid-up.tv new concentrate 1.4 (junked).mp3 - cool track if you haven't heard it.

The four full master tracks from the bid.tv 2007 package is also included here.

I know quite a few of these ended up leaked/on youtube; but hopefully some of you would like a copy of the masters for a keepsake

http://music.dazusu.com
(files ending.WAV are master tracks)

Enjoy, I'll leave it up for around 24hrs from the date of this post.

Do you have any of the later price-drop/speed auction tracks?
TA
Tao
No, and the reason for that is - the muppet that kept sharing the tracks on public sites to be the big "I am"; well... no idea who it was; but it got back to sit-up, and they never sent me any other tracks after that. I don't even know who composed them. The guy that sent me them originally left the company a couple of years ago and I had no other contacts there.

The only way we'll see them now is if someone finds out who composed them - but it seems no one wants to claim that glory

Newer posts