TV Home Forum

Sit-Up TV in Administration

Bid and Price Drop are off air (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TV forumer
Sit-Up TV have went into administration with immediate effect.
Websites and Facebook profiles no longer accessible and apology messages currently being broadcast.
London Lite, David and bilky asko gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Very nice muisc is playing CLEAN SO GET YOUR recorders out!!! on Price Drop Ch37 FV
TV
TV forumer
Very nice muisc is playing CLEAN SO GET YOUR recorders out!!! on Price Drop Ch37 FV

Indeed! Bid is also playing very clean music too!
A former member
Not on Freeview it seems
VM
VMPhil
Not on Freeview it seems

They are here.
VM
VMPhil
Both Bid and Price Drop are showing temporary fault screens with the previous box logos.
A former member
I wonder why Scotland is not getting them ?
TW
tweedledum
We aren't either (on Bid). Price Drop has just a black screen with the music though
A former member
FROM ROB TV LIVE Deffo not seeing this!

NB
nbafan89
Not on Freeview it seems

yes on freeview as well, this is very sad news
JB
JasonB

The music on bid is just a badly looped version of the 2007 music.

I can't get price-drop on my box in the room i'm currently in as it's not a HD one.
JB
JasonB
From ShoppingTelly.com:

Will Wright and Allan Graham from KPMG’s Restructuring practice were today appointed joint administrators to sit-up Limited, the digital broadcaster behind Price Drop and Bid TV.

The company’s two television channels, which broadcasted to more than 12 million homes with over 300 hours of live demonstrations each week, will cease transmission later today, and the company’s online shop will close as the business ceases to trade with immediate effect. Unfortunately, a total of 229 employees, all of whom are based in London, have been made redundant as a result of the administration.

Will Wright, partner at KPMG and joint administrator, said: “It is really disappointing, given the hard efforts of the company and the support of the majority of its creditors, that a satisfactory conclusion to the restructuring could not be reached. Despite the recent approval of a Company Voluntary Arrangement agreement with creditors, a significant and unexpected fall in sales over the course of the last month meant that the company was simply unable to continue to trade.

“The small number of affected customers who have purchased items from sit-up Limited within the last few days are advised to refer to the company website, which will be updated with more information in the coming days.”

Newer posts