TV Home Forum

Bruce Forsyth leaves Strictly

Claudia Winkleman named as replacement (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
JCB posted:
Surely they're going to want to go with someone who can carry on with the old-school variety shtick?

Can you name anyone who is big enough?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Don't know about Alex Jones, but what about Aled Jones?
JO
Jon
Really? Why do you say that?

(Not being cheeky, genuinely interested in your opinion)

Zoe Ball is fast coming back into favour at the Beeb, it's only a matter of time before she gets a bigger gig. Claudia Winkleman was replaced by Alex Jones on Lets Dance for Comic Relief. I would suggest Claudia Winkleman only ended up on the main show because it was the logical step to bring the host of the companion show in rather than bringing someone totally new to brand for a minor role. So it's almost as if it's a role she fell into, but she'd never have been chosen to front the main show had she not been on the companion show in the first place and that link doesn't exist anymore.

So I'd suggest Jones and Ball are stars corporation are trying to push more than Winkleman.

Anyway I'll stop as this is completely hypothetical and getting worse than the Daybreak thread.
BR
Brekkie
I think they're best stick to the safe option of Winkleman - if she doesn't get the gig this year she'd probably get it next year when this years choice goes disastrously.
ES
Ebeneezer Scrooge
I always felt like they were trying to position Anton as the successor - they seem to have concentrated on his personality over the last few years. I don't think he'd be particularly good, but they must stick to at least one presenter with a history of dance!
NI
nigel
If they want old school I can see Paul O'Grady fitting the bill
RO
rob Founding member
Two words: Vernon Kay.
JB
JasonB
rob posted:

Nah, It's gotta be Keith Lemon.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Kay Burley has just publicly nominated Eamonn Holmes.
JA
JAS84
rob posted:
While that would make sense - we know he has chemistry with Tess Daly because they're married - isn't he on a golden handcuffs deal at ITV?
BA
bazinga
Could this be the end for strictly? as Bruce may be leaving before it's ran it's course and it gets the push Shocked imo.
BA
bilky asko
Considering how they've groomed Claudia Winkleman into the presenter role when Brucie's not been there for various reasons, I reckon she has a good chance of being co-host.

Could this be the end for strictly? as Bruce may be leaving before it's ran it's course and it gets the push Shocked imo.

He's clearly left because of the workload.

EDIT: Just found out that Ladbrokes have got the odds up for a replacement presenter. Graham Norton is 6/4 and Claudia Winkleman is 3/1. Zoë Ball is 6/1

see here ……..

SPORTSBETA.LADBROKES.COM
04-Apr-2014 @ 19:18
Last edited by bilky asko on 4 April 2014 7:20pm

Newer posts