The Gallery

GMB Studio Mock

GOOD MORNING BRITAIN, Studio and Graphics (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
I like that first version, but hey, what do I know? Wink

I was told by numerous members, that they were terrible, lacked creativity and the colours were awful. I had to go back to the start and recreate them. I wanted to make something different and I totally understand if they've gone backwards in your opinion. It's blooming difficult to please everyone, and I just thought this new mock was 100X better. I'm sorry if that's offended you but everyone has an opinion, and I'm just trying to please as many people as possible. Laughing

I didn't mean to come across as offended, I was just saying that I prefered that version.
Embarassed

The main issue with that version was that the clock was out of the 4:3 safe areas and when I moved it across it looked awful!!

ASO posted:
Its just grey and boring.

So are a lot of onscreen graphics. The studio usually will bring colour to the whole final image. I wanted the mock to be more subtle. Obviously no one would ever see the graphics on a grey background in real life!
AS
ASO
Obviously no one would ever see the graphics on a grey background in real life!

I'm not stupid! Rolling Eyes

But seriously - I don't like the amount of grey.

Quote:
So are a lot of onscreen graphics.

Like what?
HJ
HJL
ASO posted:

Quote:

Like what?

Sky sports news, BBC News, your mock!!!
GM
gmb2014
ASO posted:

Quote:

Like what?

Sky sports news, BBC News, your mock!!!

Would you both please stop arguing? It's getting boring.
And Henry, critiscising someone elses mock on your own thread is just ridiculous. It's not doing anyone any good.
AS
ASO
I wasn't arguing - I don't want to. But I have told you before to stop criticising another mock on this thread - it's childish and pathetic.

BBC News is red and Sky Sports news is blue. Also this is a morning program.

If you can't take constructive criticism without moaning and kicking up a fuss - you're in the wrong place.
HJ
HJL
---
Last edited by HJL on 16 March 2014 9:14am
TR
trainsonrails
He we go. This is by far my favourite version so far. I am currently looking at working some blue in but currently see it as unnecessary. I hope you all agree that this mock has come a long way from the first version (most of which I removed this morning!).

Anymore direction/ feedback will be as gratefully received as everything else so far. I am looking at creating the studio mock to work alongside these graphics and wondered if anyone knew if it had be confirmed that Good Morning Britain would broadcast from Studio 5.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this mock and give feedback Very Happy

(FEEL FREE TO RATE AND SLATE!)

I actually really like this mock. Well done!
DB
dbl
Still garish to my eyes, there is no style to this at all, very powerpoint.
HJ
HJL
dbl posted:
Still garish to my eyes, there is no style to this at all, very powerpoint.

EDIT Sorry is this regarding the Green version or the repost from trainsonrails??

I agree the above version isn't tasteful and attempted to meet everyone else guide and still didn't impress. As with many things, people are going to have conflicting views, and so unfortunately I am never going to be able to please everyone. Personally I thought that the Green (and grey) mock worked the best, and is realistically more likely to be used professionally than any other mock I have created. However I think people are just a bit fed up, and are already sold on the mock that preceded this one on this forum.
Last edited by HJL on 16 March 2014 12:41pm - 3 times in total
TE
Televisionbigfan
Not really sure about this whilst the idea of the graphics are there its just the look and the heavy links with london in the titles just feels to daybreak
HJ
HJL
Not really sure about this whilst the idea of the graphics are there its just the look and the heavy links with londoon in the titles just feels to daybreak

Heavy links to london?? Stonehenge, angel of the north and Glastonbury Tor, with the house of parliament. you sure??
TE
Televisionbigfan
end of the day of all the places in britain it just needs to show a few more of those but not bad though

Newer posts