The Gallery

GMB Studio Mock

GOOD MORNING BRITAIN, Studio and Graphics (March 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
So having worked on your guidance, here are some alternatives, with different font and colour ideas. I hope you like them more. Personally, my favourites are the 3rd and 4th, however this thread has show just how little I know!

Improving all the time.
The main issues now is colour and fonts. Try and make the fonts more breakfast looking, and increase orange and red into the colour.

If you don't mind, I'd love to hear which fonts you think would work best, seeing as throughout this process I have used many different ones! And I am feeling a little stuck!

STILL DESPERATE FOR FEEDBACK!! PLEASE! Very Happy

EDIT
ALSO IS BLUE A MASSIVE NO-NO FOR BREAKFAST TV, ONLY IT WOULD FIT WITH THE GOOD MORNING BRITAIN ELEMENT OF THE NAME!
Last edited by HJL on 11 March 2014 5:45pm - 3 times in total
GM
gmb2014
I like the first and second ones, and I'm glad you've introduced warmer colours. Very Happy Definately improving
Last edited by gmb2014 on 11 March 2014 4:09pm
GM
gmb2014
ALSO IS BLUE A MASSIVE NO-NO FOR BREAKFAST TV, ONLY IT WOULD FIT WITH THE GOOD MORNING BRITAIN ELEMENT OF THE NAME!

It's not 'a massive no-no', and I agree that it fits in with 'Good Morning Britain', but personally I don't think it should be the main colour, as it is pretty cold and 'sad' for a breakfast show. Introduce it slightly, but keep the reds and oranges.
JK
JK08
BLUE A MASSIVE NO-NO FOR BREAKFAST TV

HJ
HJL
He we go. This is by far my favourite version so far. I am currently looking at working some blue in but currently see it as unnecessary. I hope you all agree that this mock has come a long way from the first version (most of which I removed this morning!).

Anymore direction/ feedback will be as gratefully received as everything else so far. I am looking at creating the studio mock to work alongside these graphics and wondered if anyone knew if it had be confirmed that Good Morning Britain would broadcast from Studio 5.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this mock and give feedback Very Happy

(FEEL FREE TO RATE AND SLATE!)
Last edited by HJL on 11 March 2014 11:18pm
TW
tweedledum
I agree, its going backwards. You obviously cannot make end board's that are up to scratch, so maybe come back to that later.. You have gone overboard with the gradients. Restrict it to the 'backgrounds' of things, not the actual graphics. You need to adjust the spacing between the two sentences on the clock. Good Morning is too close to Britain. And personally the clock here, is better;

HJ
HJL
I agree, its going backwards. You obviously cannot make end board's that are up to scratch, so maybe come back to that later.. You have gone overboard with the gradients. Restrict it to the 'backgrounds' of things, not the actual graphics. You need to adjust the spacing between the two sentences on the clock. Good Morning is too close to Britain. And personally the clock here, is better;

Can I clarify, do you prefer the actual clock or the whole graphic of the clock and graphic, with the clock on top and the red used?
Also what is an end board. I know this looks so bad, but can you confirm it so I know what hasn't impressed you!

Cheers
(p.s. I have changed the distance between the two rows of "Good Morning" and "Britain" since uploading these pictures)
Last edited by HJL on 11 March 2014 7:11pm
AG
AxG
Stick to Helvetica, don't use Arial or any of its derivatives.
AJ
AJ
These are just terrible. There is no creativity - it's just boxes overlaid on top of boxes.

Generic serif font, stock images. Let's face it - they're crap.

In the right hands, Powerpoint can be a half decent tool for making half decent mocks. These, unfortunately, are nowhere near any decent standard. Before you post anything, ask yourself; "can I see these being used on TV?" If the answer is no, then keep working on them.
GM
Gary McEwan
Can I add a couple of things...

Instead of flooding this thread with various images, why not take some time to produce a couple of decent mocks. Yes it might be helpful to you to ask people for help, but you want these mocks to be your own creations.
AS
ASO
I cannot agree more. Fonts - bad. Colours - bad. Gradients - hideous. What is that weird black line by the ticker? It overlaps one of the images too. I'm now wondering if it is nicer than the original incarnation... I really dislike this mock now.
TW
tweedledum

Can I clarify, do you prefer the actual clock or the whole graphic of the clock and graphic, with the clock on top and the red used?
Also what is an end board. I know this looks so bad, but can you confirm it so I know what hasn't impressed you!

Cheers
(p.s. I have changed the distance between the two rows of "Good Morning" and "Britain" since uploading these pictures)

An end board is basically the end shot of the titles. I like the whole clock, the red the graphics.

Newer posts