The Gallery

Good Morning Britain

A first mock - Daybreak's Replacement (February 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HJ
HJL
Is it perhaps too nice. I've a feeling clean and stylish isn't the route they'll be going.

I agree, it seems far to similar to their previous graphics for the original launch. Amazing mock compared to previous PowerPoint ones I've seen in the past but maybe not in the direction Daybreak (or what ever) ought to be going in.

I sort of understand where your coming from especially the Titles Slide it's a bit Daybreak 2010 with the logo coming up on an image but I kind of like it! Studio 7 Needs to be brought Back!

Would love to see Studio 7 used for Lorraine, seeing as she's got a time where it will be light all year round, and it could work well. ITV have to make lorraine less American chat show (i.e. the Wendy Williams show- take a look!!) and a studio like the 2010 Daybreak one would definitely work!! I can't Imagine ITV making the GMB relaunch anything like Daybreak 2010 seeing as they consider it a massive failure! It must be all change. I have a mock, and studio design for a re-launch I'll be uploading in the next week or so, just to illustrate how I would do it!
AS
ASO
And thank you very much PCarter1998! I agree. I loved that logo above image. I also love Studio 7! I would like to think that the Good Morning Britain is the best of both Daybreaks.

Bring back Studio 7! And use my design!
PC
PCarter1998
YES!!!!! exactly!!! Studio 7 with your on screen graphics is what breakfast is about!
AS
ASO
Think the clock needs to be bigger, especially on a breakfast show and instead of squeezing "Good Morning Britain" down, how about just "GMB"?

I think that GMB is too similar to GMTV - surely the kind of thing that we need to move away from? I'm just saying that I don't want it to be known as GMB. Thanks for feedback though!
PC
PCarter1998
I hope these are two of many amazing mocks to be uploaded onto here, is there no one at ITV you could submit your design's to? (and the clocks fine-do not change your designs honestly)
Last edited by PCarter1998 on 2 March 2014 3:23pm
TH
thisiscnn
Perhaps align the "coming up" slide with the DOG + clock - great designs though! Shows that you don't need expensive software, just a creative mind!
HJ
HJL
Was the picture with Tower Bridge and London City hall already like that because they are very well merged. Also I'm a bit fed up of Television corporations focussing (both in coverage and graphics) on London, what about other places in the UK, so maybe it would be nice to see some examples of break 'bumpers' that could be used with alternative locations across Britain?? Just a thought. Other than that really nice mock.

Edit: Ok, that's a real shame, just found it... http://s1.goodfon.ru/image/254380-4806x3150.jpg. Slight discredit... but the formation of other images still remain fantastic (i.e. the Money and Sport examples)
PC
PCarter1998
Would the logo come up on the same image or would it change to different London highlights such as : St Paul's Cathedral, The Gherkin, The OXO Tower,Buckingham Palace?
AS
ASO
I agree that TV companies do seem to focus on London a hell of a lot. I chose that picture because of the London Studios where it would be filmed. My idea is that the titles would consist of other morning scenes, and then move into London (if that makes sense?) I love the idea of showing examples of other locations in Britain for breakbumpers which I did think of at some point but forgot. I will try to upload them at some point.
PC
PCarter1998
In my opinion this is TV Gold, the breakfast team at ITV should use your design's and get rid of the Theme and current beds and replace with something that in it's self says your watching Good Morning Britain! (oh and studio 7)
PC
PCarter1998
My Silly Mock based on your excellent design:

http://up.metropol247.co.uk/peterc1998/Studio%207%20Good%20Morning%20UK.jpg
HJ
HJL
I will say it again, there is no way ITV will launch with anything looking like this. Its far to similar to what they used when Daybreak was launched first in 2010. That failed and they will be staying well away from anything that may resemble the original theme. I recon we will see something along the lines of GMA unfortunately- which will be a real shame! I just hope there isn't a news desk, and they remain on a sofa!

Newer posts