Media Websites

Cableturn

Broadcasting and presentation (January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SN
Silver Nemesis
Where else can users upload idents, presentation (images and video) and can comment, discuss content uploaded? .

Er... here? That's the whole purpose of this site - a place to discuss pres. When there's something that's actually worthy of discussion, it gets uploaded or linked to on here - and I don't see what can be brought to the table by what you're proposing.

Either way, have you got any recordings/material you can start a site with? Because you'll find that pretty much all of the TV pres sites, past and present, have been founded by someone with some content to share of their own. No-one will put their time and effort into submitting content to a site that doesn't exist - if they wanted to do that, they'd start their own site in the first place.
DL
Dillon Lawrence
Where else can users upload idents, presentation (images and video) and can comment, discuss content uploaded? .

Er... here? That's the whole purpose of this site - a place to discuss pres. When there's something that's actually worthy of discussion, it gets uploaded or linked to on here - and I don't see what can be brought to the table by what you're proposing.

Yes, as a post. User's then have to trawl through posts to find specific content. In this case a user can search for presentation specifically. Even limiting it to categories such as Idents. My site's main purpose is a forum , but I've also added the ability for users to upload presentation , and discuss content uploaded.
DL
Dillon Lawrence
Does anyone have any thoughts on the design. Also, if you sign up you can see the overall UI of the gallery and how files will be uploaded.
DL
Dillon Lawrence
If anyone also wants to help contribute/order categories feel free to email:

dillonlawrence76@gmail.com

Or post suggestions Smile
BA
Bail Moderator
You know we have a search box too?
bilky asko, MarkT76 and rob gave kudos
JO
Jon
Bail posted:
You know we have a search box too?

The difference being a search on here may result in some results.
RO
rob Founding member
Dillon, I've tried this sort of site, and failed. I wouldn't bother to be honest. TV Forum does it better...
DL
Dillon Lawrence
rob posted:
Dillon, I've tried this sort of site, and failed. I wouldn't bother to be honest. TV Forum does it better...

Rob,

Do you mean the TV Live Forum?
JO
Joe
I imagine he means the website that you're currently on, TV Forum.
:-(
A former member
No disrespect, but I've looked at this site three times and every time it's been different - and there's still only one member (the owner). Sorry, but I do feel it's on a hiding to nothing - certainly offering absolutely nothing new to the current members of this board.

EDIT: Four times now, still different.
Last edited by A former member on 30 January 2014 6:38pm
VM
VMPhil
Relaunching the entire forum on completely different software without warning doesn't bring to mind stability...
DL
Dillon Lawrence
No disrespect, but I've looked at this site three times and every time it's been different - and there's still only one member (the owner). Sorry, but I do feel it's on a hiding to nothing - certainly offering absolutely nothing new to the current members of this board.

Is it on a hiding to nothing? If you think so, I appreciate your opinion. I am 100% committed to the site. It is also not complete yet.

Relaunching the entire forum on completely different software without warning doesn't bring to mind stability...

I have every intention of staying with XenForo. I took the site down and installed PHPBB for testing purposes (nothing else). XenForo is excellent. The design will also stay the same.

Newer posts