TV Home Forum

Doctor Who 50th anniversary programmes

An Adventure in Space and Time: Thursday 9pm (September 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator
well it never stopped others from moving on.

It kind of did though, Tom Baker, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy didn't do much of note after Who. Although Sylvester is now Radagast in the Hobbit so that's cool
BA
Bail Moderator
Can anyone give a rational explanation as to why Andrew Hayden-Smith keeps getting his face on things like Pointless, the Weakest Link and the Afterparty (in among the companions, no less) when his character never travelled in the TARDIS, was only in 3 or 4 episodes and wasn't very good in any of them?

Because he's cheap and available Razz
:-(
A former member
Bail posted:
well it never stopped others from moving on.

It kind of did though, Tom Baker, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy didn't do much of note after Who. Although Sylvester is now Radagast in the Hobbit so that's cool

Colin went on to do alot of theater work
JO
Jon
Exactly

29 days later

A former member
Well apart from the last mins, I did not think much of that episode.
JO
Jon

That isn't insightful or useful, could you be bit more analytical please?

What didn't you like about it? What direction should they have gone with it?
A former member
Jon posted:

That isn't insightful or useful, could you be bit more insightful please?

ONE hour it was about the Doctor growing old doing nothing I mean nothing, expect keeping the status que, the young lassies properly show the whole events over 2-3 days.

Nothing happened. I cant change history, I hold everything off. 300 years had past which is bit much, and then something happens. its a poor let down compared to the 50th Special.
CH
chris
Jon posted:

That isn't insightful or useful, could you be bit more insightful please?

ONE hour it was about the Doctor growing old doing nothing I mean nothing, expect keeping the status que, the young lassies properly show the whole events over 2-3 days.

Nothing happened. I cant change history, I hold everything off. 300 years had past which is bit much, and then something happens. its a poor let down compared to the 50th Special.

I actually preferred that to the 50th which was full of references I didn't really understand having not watched the old series. This episode certainly made more sense too. I suppose the two were quite different, so most will have a preference one way or the other.

Newer posts