TV Home Forum

BBC One

(May 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
james posted:
David posted:
BBC One HD (England) had the 'Programmes from your area are not available' screen up for the end of BBC Breakfast, the promos after it and the first minute or so of The Gruffalo. This was on Freeview HD.

It was the same on Sky.

There's only one feed of BBC One HD England it should be the same.
:-(
A former member
Tonight the BBC will be airing different line up: NOTE the News is 30min difference the Scottish version is longer:

SCOTLAND:
20.00: River City
21.00: Last Tango in Halifax
22.00: Holby City
23.00: BBC NEWS - NOT NETWORKED
23.20: Christmas Celebrations
00.05: Not Going Out Christmas Special: A better repeat airing will happen on Fri 27 Dec at 23:00
00.50: The limmys Xmas show (R)
01.20: Outnumbered Christmas Special:

Rest of the UK
20.00: Holby City
21.00: Last Tango in Halifax
22.00: Not Going Out Christmas Special:
22.45: Outnumbered Christmas Special:
23.30: BBC News
23.45: Westminster Abbey: The First Eucharist of Christmas
01.05: Protocol
DA
davidhorman
Possible new Ident?

Luckily I've already got my Christmas shopping sorted out, because thanks to you I haven't gone anything done that I meant to tonight:

I hope you're happy! It's got a few rough edges and is probably a bit too slow, but if anyone can find me 30 seconds of fittingly arranged clean music, I'll add it.
DB
dbl
Top Of The Pops Christmas seems to have ditched the logo it had before it was axed. (noughties)
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1741/2lk1.jpg
WA
watchingtv
And theme!
VM
VMPhil
A bit of a shame, I liked the previous upbeat theme.

They've gone to a mix of the original 'Whole Lotta Love' that fades into the 1998 version.
TW
tweedledum
The new logo is OK, but I dont like that theme. Its not a strong and as energetic as the old one.
VM
VMPhil
The new logo is OK, but I dont like that theme. Its not a strong and as energetic as the old one.

Exactly - there's a reason why it was ditched originally. Oh well, we'll only have to put up with it twice a year.
WP
WillPS
Weird that they've invented a crap logo rather than using the rather nice 1998 logo.
KM
Keith Musselwhite
Weird that they've invented a crap logo rather than using the rather nice 1998 logo.

Actually I think the 98 logo was a bit boring, the 95-98 logo however is a different matter.

So I'm going to ask the question...

Does anyone know the font for the new TOTP logo, I've looked on what the font site but have not found it Sad

Thanks and Merry Christmas
JA
JAS84
Missed it, did anyone grab a screenshot? And does it match the logo of TOTP Magazine?
http://www.totpmag.com/wp-content/themes/totp_theme/images/totp-logo.png
VM
VMPhil
Nope it's completely different, because god forbid the BBC to have any brand consistency these days. Also the studio signs now seem to be mostly the 1970s circle logo rather than the mixture of old logos the set has had in previous years, apart from the 1960s neon sign during one presenter link.

And here's the new Top of the Pops 2 logo from Sunday:

Both have the same theme tune now, a mixture of the original and 1998 versions of Whole Lotta Love.

Newer posts