TV Home Forum

ITV's Day of Promise memories

Split from Historical details of Central and other ITV Companies (December 2013)

AS
Asa Admin Meridian (South East) South East Today
Nothing special but whilst on the subject I have a copy of a menu slide (or end to a trailer?) for the day itself.

It's not much of a surprise it didn't really work.
:-(
A former member
Just in case you were wonder what was shown early:

09.25 CITV:
=10.10 S club 7
=11.20 Sabrina
12.00 Day of Promise
12.30 ITN news
12.40 localnews
12.55 Day of promise
13.30 FILM Cool Runnings
15.25 Day of Promise
16.00 FILM Live and let die
18.05 Day of promise
18.20 ITN news
18.30 Local news
18.40 Day of promise
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
RDJ posted:
I've found youtube evidence of the CITV coverage from the day. Interesting to see that Eamonn and Carol hosted this part of the coverage too... complete with cardboard cartoon cutouts in the studio. And indeed Stephen and Danielle did decamp down to London for the day as mentioned earlier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTJF1fuafo
If adults struggled to understand this day then god knows what the kids were thinking this day was all about too.

I should have known that channel would have footage from that day, good find Smile it's all coming back to me now! And yes I was pretty confused at the time too!
DA
David

09.25 CITV:
=10.10 S club 7
=11.20 Sabrina
12.00 Day of Promise

What does the equals sign represent against those two programmes?
A former member
David posted:

09.25 CITV:
=10.10 S club 7
=11.20 Sabrina
12.00 Day of Promise
What does the equals sign represent against those two programmes?

There were within CITV block.
JC
JCB
Asa posted:
Nothing special but whilst on the subject I have a copy of a menu slide (or end to a trailer?) for the day itself.

It's not much of a surprise it didn't really work.

ITV has changed so much!
GO
gottago London London
http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/itv1/1999.html

A few more Year of Promise themed promos halfway down this page as well as a promo for the event itself from Carol.
A former member
cheers for that

JCB posted:
Asa posted:
Nothing special but whilst on the subject I have a copy of a menu slide (or end to a trailer?) for the day itself. It's not much of a surprise it didn't really work.

ITV has changed so much!

Yet the Faces of ITV have not changed so much Wink
SW
Steve Williams
They also had a DOG on during most of the programmes that day, I remember they did durig Live And Let Die and everyone moaned, and they also had it on screen during Metropolis which was a new drama and a bit gloomy, and totally unsuitable for a garish DOG on screen. And after Metropolis and the news they had a regional round-up with all the local presenters.
SI
sigma421 Granada North West Today
Quite pleased to see this thread if only because I'd begun to wonder if I'd dreamed the whole Day of Promise event (as I'd bet many ITV execs wish they had).
A bit more digging has come up with another ITV book called 'Trail of Promise'', very little info is available but one would guess that it is a guide to the various Promise sites.
There is also an utterly bizarre reference to the Day of Promise (referred to as the Trail of Promise) in this book

69 days later

A former member
Another promo has turned up:

CA
Cando London London
This thread is amazing. Very Happy

Newer posts