TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2013

(July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
It is it's a programme based on the sort of viewers that watch itv these days, desparate wannabes! Simon cowell knows that hence he galavants the carribean with his 17 ladies
Last edited by harshy on 15 December 2013 6:02pm
JO
Jon
It is it's a programme based on the sort of viewers that watch itv these days, desparate wannabes!

So you're saying everyone who watches ITV really wants to be a pop star? What about those who watch Downton Abbey, is based on those who watch ITV? Is that why it's so popular?
HA
harshy Founding member
Well it's good itv produce downtown abbey but going back to 1992 and before the itv before and the itv now is two different things

The itv of then would have never produced X factor
:-(
A former member
Your so right, Thames, ~ATV/Central and LWT would have Razz New faces, opportunity knocks, search for a star. Daytime ITV was filled with OZ'a soaps.. I agree ITV lost its way, but to say ITV of the 80s and 90s would have never made it just rubbish
HA
harshy Founding member
Yes but they were better produced shows this show just produces awful talent with awful music across the radio waves as a result
HA
harshy Founding member
Your so right, Thames, ~ATV/Central and LWT would have Razz New faces, opportunity knocks, search for a star. Daytime ITV was filled with OZ'a soaps.. I agree ITV lost its way, but to say ITV of the 80s and 90s would have never made it just rubbish

There was nothing wrong with the Young Doctors Laughing
JO
Jon

The itv of then would have never produced X factor

Variations on the theme have existed for a long time and if X Factor in it's current form had existed then and it proved popular it would have existed. When you compare ITV to 5 or so years ago, there is some real quality television. Some really respected dramas, lots of documentary and a good commitment to news. Yes it has it's populist reality shows but so does every other commercial broadcaster in the world and BBC One. When you consider it exists to make money, it's doing that and it's PSB commitments quite well at the moment and should be commended.
DO
dosxuk
Yes but they were better produced shows this show just produces awful talent with awful music across the radio waves as a result

Really? My memories of Opportunity Knocks are of a ropey, slow, often cringeworthy programme, with a threshold of "talent" being so low that even a dancing dog could win it.

Just because you don't like the X Factor, or it's contestants, you can say it was badly produced - as live television programmes go, it is one of the best produced shows around at the moment.

And as for the contestants, I've met lots of them, I've mixed sound for several of them, and you know what, they've actually got talent. An heck of a lot more than some of the local bands round here who continually moan about how much better they are than the awful contestants on the the X Factor. Yes, a lot of the songs are just pop tat to (hopefully) fill the Top 10 with, but go and seek out what former contestants have done before and after they were in the X Factor "bubble" and you might be pleasantly surprised.
HA
harshy Founding member
Agreed once they break out of the X factor bubble they become better artists it's just a Shame they have to go down the simon cowell route to do it but everyone deserves an opportunity I guess it's simon cowell I hate it has to be said
JO
Jon

Really? My memories of Opportunity Knocks are of a ropey, slow, often cringeworthy programme, with a threshold of "talent" being so low that even a dancing dog could win it.

To be fair I think a dancing dog won Britain's Got Talent recently.

Agree with everything you've said though. I think someone is looking back at things with rose tinted spectacles.
Last edited by Jon on 15 December 2013 6:59pm - 2 times in total
:-(
A former member

There was nothing wrong with the Young Doctors Laughing

STV never broadcast that series!
HA
harshy Founding member
It was in England and YTV and Tyne Tees but showed different episodes Laughing

Newer posts