Media Websites

Digital Spy unveil new look

(December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
You are guilty of exactly the same behaviour here, plus that user clearly states that channelwiki/forums is "my" site, as you have done here, so it's somebody you know doing this.

And since there has been no mention of a channelwiki "team", I would assume you know them intimately.
FU
f-user
You are guilty of exactly the same behaviour here, plus that user clearly states that channelwiki/forums is "my" site, as you have done here, so it's somebody you know doing this.

And since there has been no mention of a channelwiki "team", I would assume you know them intimately.

I'm sorry if that has been the impression given. Maybe I have been too quick posting links, but in the future i'll refrain from doing it as much. Yes, I have been posting links but it was never intended as spam. Lets be honest, ChannelWiki has no ads. No current ads = no current revenue source.

I do not know them intimately. I hate spam as much as anyone. I did hear a user was banned for posting links to other sites (also via PM). Many were angry at the redesign.
DO
dosxuk
In that case, if I was you I'd be concerned that someone else is passing your site off as their work.
FU
f-user
In that case, if I was you I'd be concerned that someone else is passing your site off as their work.

Don't worry. I am.

They've been banned now anyway. If I promote the site i'll do it myself, although it doesn't look like many posts were made regarding the forum. Spam is wrong.
Last edited by f-user on 3 December 2013 6:59pm
DO
dosxuk
although it doesn't look like many posts were made regarding the forum.

8 in two hours...

Oh, and spot any similarities?

Yes, I have been posting links but it was never intended as spam. Lets be honest, ChannelWiki has no ads. No current ads = no current revenue source.

Mr. Cool posted:
I'm not spamming if anyone is wondering either (no ads), just demonstrating a site running XenForo.
FU
f-user
although it doesn't look like many posts were made regarding the forum.

8 in two hours...

Oh, and spot any similarities?

Yes, I have been posting links but it was never intended as spam. Lets be honest, ChannelWiki has no ads. No current ads = no current revenue source.

Mr. Cool posted:
I'm not spamming if anyone is wondering either (no ads), just demonstrating a site running XenForo.

Look, I am not a spammer. Nor do I have any intention of becoming one. I had no idea there was 8.

I'll say it again. I am not a spammer. Does anyone have a problem with ChannelWiki? After all, there is a zero-tolerance policy regarding spam. Hell, do you see us spamming emails that people have registered with no. We fully comply.

All in all, we're a legitamte site and If you've been given the intention I'm a spammer I apologize. After all, if someone spams/views it as spam it's not my or ChannelWiki's fault Wink
BA
bilky asko
Lets be honest, ChannelWiki has no ads. No current ads = no current revenue source.

And how does that stop links being spam? TV Live Wiki has no ads, but Rob doesn't feel the need to shoehorn a link to it into every post he makes. He certainly wouldn't post on a competing site saying how naff that site is, and how his is better. This "other person" has managed to do both with "his" site on Digital Spy.
David, dosxuk and rob gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member
Lets be honest, ChannelWiki has no ads. No current ads = no current revenue source.

And how does that stop links being spam? TV Live Wiki has no ads, but Rob doesn't feel the need to shoehorn a link to it into every post he makes. He certainly wouldn't post on a competing site saying how naff that site is, and how his is better. This "other person" has managed to do both with "his" site on Digital Spy.

You're right there Bilky. Wink
FU
f-user

Neither would I. Do you have an issue with ChannelWiki?

I stated in the above post:
After all, there is a zero-tolerance policy regarding spam. Hell, do you see us spamming emails that people have registered with no. We fully comply.

All in all, we're a legitamte site and If you've been given the intention I'm a spammer I apologize. After all, if someone spams/views it as spam it's not my or ChannelWiki's fault
RO
rob Founding member
I'm going to offer some friendly advice to you f-user. It's something I've learned in the 6 and a half years I've been running TV Live.

I'd like to suggest you put a link in your signature like I have, and contribute something to the forum that isn't just about your website.

Looking through your posts so far, at least two thirds of them are about ChannelWiki. At least three threads in the Media Websites forum have been invaded recently with posts by you about ChannelWiki, and that's not good. At the moment, I see you as a spammer due to your endless promotion of your wiki. Maybe if you contribute some thoughts that aren't related to the site, my opinion of you as a user may change.
LL
Larry the Loafer
It's boring and unappealing. The contrast is rubbish, it's more of a chore browsing on a smartphone, and they seem to think the same as some other companies that having your company's name in a plain font is the "new thing" when, in reality, it looks utterly dire.
FU
f-user
rob posted:
I'm going to offer some friendly advice to you f-user. It's something I've learned in the 6 and a half years I've been running TV Live.

I'd like to suggest you put a link in your signature like I have, and contribute something to the forum that isn't just about your website.

Looking through your posts so far, at least two thirds of them are about ChannelWiki. At least three threads in the Media Websites forum have been invaded recently with posts by you about ChannelWiki, and that's not good. At the moment, I see you as a spammer due to your endless promotion of your wiki. Maybe if you contribute some thoughts that aren't related to the site, my opinion of you as a user may change.

Cheers for the advice rob. I agree regarding the content. I had no idea. I guess I got too carried away.

Out of interest, did you initially post links?

Newer posts