TV Home Forum

The Golden Greats ITV Granada Monday Afternoons 1985

(December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BS
Ben Shatliff
I have just been watching The Bishop's Wife on DVD and I remember it being shown on Granada one Monday Afternoon in the Summer of 1985 in what was called The Golden Greats. Enchantment and My Foolish Heart were amongst other films shown.

Was it just the three films shown in that series or were there more? Just interested that's all if anybody else remembers.
BS
Ben Shatliff
No-one remember this then or are people choosing not to respond?
:-(
A former member
I don't remember it but give me a bit of time this evening and I will see if other films were broadcast in this series.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Thank you, I have tried doing a Google Search but not been effective. I remember it was duirng the school holidays in 1985 July/August.
BE
benriggers
Thank you, I have tried doing a Google Search but not been effective. I remember it was duirng the school holidays in 1985 July/August.

According to Times Digital Archive the following films were shown (at 1.30pm unless stated):
15th July - They got Me Covered
22nd July - Bishop's Wife
29th July - Enchantment
5th August - My Foolish Heart
No film on 12th August because of Cricket coverage.
19th August - Little Nellie Kelly
No film on 26th August (Bank holiday sport)
BS
Ben Shatliff
Thank you very much and they were all under the heading "The Golden Greats". Brilliant Smile
A former member
You bet me to it Wink

Alot of the ITV companies had Movies on a Monday afternoon
RO
robertclark125
Tyne Tees used to call the slot "Monday Matinee"
BS
Ben Shatliff
It used to be called The Monday Matinee in the Granada Region too; however for this particular time they called the films The Golden Greats.

How do you get on to Times Digital Archive to search for TV Listings?
A former member
STV called it that aswell
BE
benriggers

How do you get on to Times Digital Archive to search for TV Listings?

Because I work in (and also a member of) a library, I can access the Times Digital Archive for free (Just by entering your library card number!). I suggest contacting your local library to see if they offer this too.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Thanks Smile

Newer posts