TV Home Forum

Christmas TV programming thread 2013

Schedules now appearing on Digiguide (December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Apologies if this has been mentioned in separate channel threads, but Digiguide now appears to have listings up to January 3 for all main terrestrial channels - although some slots still have that old favourite "To Be Announced"!
WP
WillPS
Can anybody extrapolate the schedules in text form?
Last edited by WillPS on 1 December 2013 7:43pm
RO
Ronant
Monday 23rd
BBC One
7:00pm Celebrity Mastermind
7:30pm A Question of Sport
8:00pm EastEnders
8:30pm Would I Lie to You?
9:00pm John Bishop's Christmas Show

ITV
7:00pm Emmerdale
7:30pm Coronation Street
8:00pm Tales From Northumberland with Robson Green
8:30pm Coronation Street
9:00pm Birds of a Feather
9:30pm Vicious

Christmas Eve
BBC One
5:55pm Film: Finding Nemo
7:30pm EastEnders
8:00pm Holby City
9:00pm Last Tango in Halifax
10:00pm Not Going Out
10:45pm Outnumbered

ITV
7:30pm Film: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
10:20pm ITV News at Ten and Weather
10:35pm Christmas Act of Worship

Christmas Day
BBC One
6:00am Breakfast
9:00am The Gruffalo's Child
9:25am Old Jack's Boat
10:00am Christmas Day: Live from Westminster Abbey
11:00am Film: Chicken Run
12:20pm BBC News; Weather
12:30pm Film: The Princess and the Frog
2:00pm Top of the Pops Christmas Special
3:00pm The Queen's Speech
3:10pm Film: Toy Story 3
4:45pm BBC News; Weather
5:00pm Strictly Come Dancing
6:15pm Call the Midwife
7:30pm Doctor Who
8:30pm EastEnders
9:30pm Mrs. Brown's Boys
10:05pm Michael Mcintyre Showtime
11:05pm BBC News; Weather
11:20pm On Christmas Night
11:25pm The Vicar of Dibley
12:10am Have I Got a Bit More News for You
12:50am Film: To be Announced
3:20am Weatherview
3:25am BBC News

ITV
6:00am CITV
8:30am Dinner Date
9:25am Film: Santa Claus
11:30am The Chase
12:30pm The Big Reunion
1:30pm You've Been Framed!
2:00pm River Deep, Mountain High: James Nesbitt
3:00pm The Queen
3:10pm 50 Greatest Harry Potter Moments
5:15pm Paul O'Grady: For The Love of Dogs
6:15pm ITV News and Weather
6:30pm Emmerdale
8:30pm Downton Abbey
10:30pm ITV News and Weather
10:45pm Film: Love Actually
1:15am Christmas Act of Worship
2:15am Film: Closing the Ring
4:25am ITV Nightscreen

Boxing Day
BBC One
6:15pm Film: Gnomeo and Juliet
7:30pm EastEnders
8:00pm Len Goodman's Perfect Christmas
8:30pm Still Open All Hours
9:00pm Death Comes to Pemberley
10:00pm BBC News; Regional News; Weather
10:25pm Match of the Day

ITV
6:30pm Gary Barlow: Journey to Afghanistan
7:30pm Emmerdale
8:00pm You've Been Framed!
8:30pm Midsomer Murders

Friday 27th
BBC One
6:05pm Film: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
8:00pm EastEnders
8:30pm Miranda

ITV
8:00pm You've Been Framed!
8:30pm Coronation Street
9:00pm To be Announced

Saturday 28th
BBC One
5:55pm Pointless
6:45pm Film: Up
8:15pm Atlantis
10:00pm The National Lottery Live

ITV
6:30pm You've Been Framed!
7:00pm The Chase: Celebrity Special
8:00pm The Cube
9:00pm Film: Quantum of Solace

There WILL be changes, take them with a pinch of salt. Confirmed schedules are out on either Tuesday or Wednesday.
Last edited by Ronant on 1 December 2013 7:13pm - 2 times in total
:-(
A former member
ITV is rather poor....
RI
Rijowhi
BBC1's schedule is definitely stronger...not that I'm saying that's great. Think I'll be giving both channels a miss.

I know this will be controversial but I really think Religious programming shouldn't be on BBC1 and ITV these days at all. In my opinion it belongs on a mainstream channel as much as Ballet does...though must admit Songs Of Praise does pretty well ratings wise.
RO
Ronant
BBC1's schedule is definitely stronger...not that I'm saying that's great. Think I'll be giving both channels a miss.

I know this will be controversial but I really think Religious programming shouldn't be on BBC1 and ITV these days at all. In my opinion it belongs on a mainstream channel as much as Ballet does...though must admit Songs Of Praise does pretty well ratings wise.

Really? According to the 2011 census 59% of people in England and Wales say they're Christians. And as you say Songs of Praise does pretty well. Especially at Christmas, there has to be religious programmes on BBC1.
CR
Critique
Ooh, lots of repeats from all sides this year - whereas last Christmas the BBC had both a new series of Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda starting, they've got neither new this year, but are still giving Mrs Brown's Boys a primetime repeat. Also interesting that the Vicar of Dibley, despite ending in 2007, still gets an airing around Christmas, almost 7 years on.
WP
WillPS
I'm just hoping for a double bill of "Stakeout".
FA
fanoftv
Looking at those brief schedules the BBC highlights will of course be Doctor Who & Still open all hours. With ITV highlights being Birds of a feather & Vicious on the 23rd, and Gary Barlow in Afghanistan (after seeing the preview on Jonathan Ross).

Is Mrs Brown's Boys not a Christmas special then?

The good thing is that not much room will be needed on the sky+ box.
TO
tomo359
Mrs Brown's Boys is a new episode. Its been confirmed there are 2 new episodes over the holiday period.

ITV rely on YBF way too much lately. I think its on nearly as much as the soaps looking at those schedules.
DJ
DJGM
Looking through those listings, one huge glaring mistake in the schedules for Christmas Day sticks out like a sore thumb.
The BBC would not be so stupid as to put the Christmas episode of Doctor Who up against Corrie. Especially as it's the
last one for Matt Smith, featuring the current Doctor regenerating into his next incarnation.

The last time the BBC let Doctor Who clash with Corrie was when they were trying to kill it off in the late 1980's!
RI
Rijowhi

Really? According to the 2011 census 59% of people in England and Wales say they're Christians. And as you say Songs of Praise does pretty well. Especially at Christmas, there has to be religious programmes on BBC1.

Wasn't aware of that, though I must say that some say they are Jedi's...doesn't mean it's true. Christmas is much more than a Christian festival these days. It is a holiday that most celebrate but not necessarily the traditional way. This is why I feel BBC2/4 and Channel 4 should be carrying the Religious programming while BBC1 and ITV carry Films, Seasonal specials (and I guess as our head of state The Queens Speech).

Think we all expect too much schedule wise...I admit I'm the world's worst for that. The schedule is the usual fluff...sure I'll find something to watch on the Box though, thankfully we don't have only 2 channels these days...

Newer posts