TV Home Forum

Channels with Christmas Presentation

List of those channels with their decorations up (December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Can we use this thread to track those channels that already have their full Christmas presentation on air (and use existing threads to speculate air dates)?

So far as I'm aware, there are the following:

True Movies has already become True Christmas
Movies 24 has become Christmas 24 (and its associated '+' channel)
Edit - Sky Movies Drama & Romance has been renamed Sky Movies Christmas, but had D&R idents.
MTV Christmas
NOW Christmas
Last edited by A former member on 1 December 2013 11:34pm
WI
Wicko
GOLD has festive presentation.
VM
VMPhil
MTV Classic has become MTV Xmas for the season, and VH1 has its usual Christmas presentation from the past few years. No elaborate snow on top of the logo or sparkly effects anymore it seems, they just change the colour to red now.
P0
p0ab
I don't know if children's channels count but Nick Junior and Nick Junior 2 are in full Christmas mode.
P0
p0ab
The music channel Magic has been in Christmas mode for 2 weeks.
VM
VMPhil
p0ab posted:
I don't know if children's channels count but Nick Junior and Nick Junior 2 are in full Christmas mode.

Nick Jr has been renamed 'Nick Jr Xmas' on the Virgin EPG. Nick Jr 2 has been 'Nick Jr Peppa' for the past month or so, only showing Peppa Pig repeats.
WA
watchingtv
VIVA has a Christmas Dog
FA
fanoftv
I think all music channels have something. 4music have a lovely Christmas ident playing, and even a festive trailer with a logo shaped robot keeping Christmas correct.
Their dog has a few snowflakes every minute or so.
JA
JAS84
MTV Classic has become MTV Xmas for the season, and VH1 has its usual Christmas presentation from the past few years. No elaborate snow on top of the logo or sparkly effects anymore it seems, they just change the colour to red now.
That can't be right! Their logo changed recently, there's no way they can be using the same Xmas pres as the last few years.
VM
VMPhil
JAS84 posted:
That can't be right! Their logo changed recently, there's no way they can be using the same Xmas pres as the last few years.

In America. It usually takes a while for a new logo for an American-originated channel to make it here. See MTV or Comedy Central.
KE
kernow
p0ab posted:
The music channel Magic has been in Christmas mode for 2 weeks.

As has Bliss, which has been Blissmas for the last 2 weeks.
RD
rdd Founding member
Sky Sports, exceptionally early today, playing the instrumental riff from "I Believe in Father Christmas" into commercial breaks during Super Sunday, as they have done in previous years, plus snow over the break bumper. Don't know if they've adopted their Christmas idents yet though.

Newer posts