TV Home Forum

Doctor Who 50th anniversary programmes

An Adventure in Space and Time: Thursday 9pm (September 2013)

BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Christopher Eccleston should have signed up, since he would have had a small but decent cameo, after the War Doctor's regeneration. He will regret it, I'm sure.

I doubt he will - if anything, him not being there leaves the story at that point open to development. Whilst I'm sure some of the selfish, hardcore fans would want to see his Doctor expunged from history for not appearing in a scene that was hardly vital to the plot, I'd say it worked fine without his appearance.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
PT
Put The Telly On Meridian (South East) South East Today
Perhaps Chris Eccleston still has that grudge about being 'typecast'. Even so I guess he must be a bit of a difficult person to work with.
youtube.com/putthetellyon1
:-(
A former member
well it never stopped others from moving on.
WP
WillPS
Christopher Eccleston should have signed up, since he would have had a small but decent cameo, after the War Doctor's regeneration. He will regret it, I'm sure.

I doubt he will - if anything, him not being there leaves the story at that point open to development. Whilst I'm sure some of the selfish, hardcore fans would want to see his Doctor expunged from history for not appearing in a scene that was hardly vital to the plot, I'd say it worked fine without his appearance.

The Second Doctor's regeneration in to The Third Doctor was never seen.

Here are The Second's last few minutes:

Here are The Third's first few seconds:

I believe Jon Pertwee had not yet been confirmed as The Third Doctor at the time the final parts of The War Games were being shot.
MO
Moz Wales Today
Moz posted:
Are the BBC Three idents new or Doctor Who 50th specials?

Check this thread... http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/new-bbc-three-idents-39500/

Cheers - shows how much I watch BBC Three!
#skillsforlife
DA
David
Here is an oddity. That rubbish BBC Three programme is being repeated at the moment and they have a massive Channel 5 style "This show is a repeat. Please do not interact" graphic constantly on the screen. What makes this even more ridiculous is that they remove the 'repeat' graphic when showing Twitter and/or Facebook information. Is this by design or has it gone to cock? Surely the repeat graphic should be on screen when the Twitter and/or Facebook information is on screen, not taken off so the contact information can be seen.

Also worth noting that the subtitles have been redone, they are now caption style rather than live style as they were last night. The subtitles are in the middle of the picture though, I guess so as not to obscure the very important graphics.

EDIT: The subtitles have been fixed and are now appearing over the graphics. The graphics don't work probably when the name of a guest appears, the name captions do not take up the full length of the screen so you can still see the 'repeat' graphic on the rest of the screen.
Last edited by David on 24 November 2013 8:52pm
JO
Joe
I enjoyed reading this: www.buzzfeed.com/paulaersly/greatest-easter-eggs-from-the-doctor-who-50th-anniver
DO
dosxuk Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
People actually enjoy reading things on buzzfeed?!
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Too many animated gifs there for my liking.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
JAS84 posted:

Overuse of animated GIFs - surely the number 1 thing we will remember about the early 2010s in internet history.
PE
Pete Founding member North Reporting Scotland
JAS84 posted:

Overuse of animated GIFs - surely the number 1 thing we will remember about the early 2010s in internet history.

ELM 2011: I am sick of been persicuted by you immature TV Forumers!
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Can anyone give a rational explanation as to why Andrew Hayden-Smith keeps getting his face on things like Pointless, the Weakest Link and the Afterparty (in among the companions, no less) when his character never travelled in the TARDIS, was only in 3 or 4 episodes and wasn't very good in any of them?

Newer posts