TV Home Forum

Doctor Who 50th anniversary programmes

An Adventure in Space and Time: Thursday 9pm (September 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
The ident was played at the very beginning of the programme, after the normal BBC 2 continuity. Out of curiosity does anyone know where was the Lime Grove stuff filmed, did they use one of the vacated TVC studios?
MD
Mr D'Arcy
Loved the programme and the five minute one after! The BBCtv ident was on show a fair bit in the programme, alongside Test Card C! Great Doctor Who game now on Google by the way! Smile
DP
D.Page
JAS84 posted:
The bit immediately following should be of interest. They played out this ident!
http://hub.tv-ark.org.uk/images/bbcone/images_idents/1960s/bbctv_globe_1963.jpg

Can I ask, when, exactly, did they play out this ident?

The ident was played at the very beginning of the programme, after the normal BBC 2 continuity. Out of curiosity does anyone know where was the Lime Grove stuff filmed, did they use one of the vacated TVC studios?

Arrh. Thanks. I didn't catch the very beginning, and I can't see any repeat, in the schedules Crying or Very sad
Last edited by D.Page on 22 November 2013 4:41pm - 3 times in total
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Worth noting that BBC Four showed the first few episodes of series 1 afterwards.
:-(
A former member
Thanks bbc two for no telling.
BE
benriggers
Thanks bbc two for no telling.

They did. The announcer said over the credits of AAISAT to turn over to BBC Four for An Unearthly Child.
A former member
I never clicked. I would have said the first episode.
CR
Critique
Ooh, just caught up with 'An Adventure in Space and Time' on iPlayer and found it really very good - this will probably be my highlight of all the 50th anniversary celebrations, unless they pull something incredible out tomorrow!
MS
Mr-Stabby
I've got the first episodes on DVD, but i ended up watching them on BBC Four anyway. I was wearing headphones, and i was surprised just how audible the studio talkback was, and you could very easily hear the cameras rolling around the floor. There was also that strange analog audio artifact that you used to get whereby you would hear an echo of an upcoming piece of sound before it actually played. I heard it the most whenever Susan or Barbera were about to scream, ha.
DV
DVB Cornwall
An eagle eyed viewer spotted a continuity error in 'An Adventure in Space and Time' seems that Hartnell's car had done some time travelling of it's own. A 'D' registration vehicle was shown - FBK304D. This would have been licensed between 1 January 1966 and 31 December 1966. Excellent programme though.
A former member
If they meant the car shown at the start and the end, then those scenes were set in 1966 anyway - plus the October 1966 tax disc should have been a giveaway!
Last edited by A former member on 23 November 2013 2:27pm
TV
TV Times
Looks like there may well be another announcement tonight about missing episodes being found!

Newer posts