TV Home Forum

The NEW BBC NE & Cumbria, Tyne Tees and Border Thread

A David H-Free Zone! (June 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KA
Katherine Founding member
EmleyMoor posted:
Having said that I do like the Newcastle Inside Out - that is really good!

Yeah - especially the programme I saw while on holiday; Brian Sewell on Newcastle's art and geocaching,,,,,
MA
Martin2k5
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but during the lunchtime news and also at the 3pm report I have noticed that the Tynes Tees shows different bulletins (i.e different presenters, but the same news) on Analogue and DSAT.

Does anyone know why they do this?

Martin
:-(
A former member
You'll be in the south of the TTTV region then, taking programmes from Bilsdale.

Satellite only shows the Pontop TTTV (north region). So you're getting analogue (and DTT) signals from Billingham and DSAT from Newcastle.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Tonight's Calendar featured a lengthy report about the opening of the Wensleydale Railway. It was voiced by Tyne Tees's Andy Kluz, though he didn't appear in-vision, just in voice only
RI
richardhall99
Just been reading todays mediaguardian and saw that after the departures of Jeff Brown and Bryan Swanson Tyne Tees are searching for a new sports presenter for North East Tonight and Soccer Sunday.

11 days later

A former member
Steven O posted:

Thanks TVDragon. I'm glad that we'll be able to give the other NE&C regional news magazines a fair hearing! Very Happy

Talking of which...anyone see North East TOnight tonight...poor old Bob nearly lost it. Couldn't remember the tide times and nearly didn't know what to say to Mike Neville. Still funny though. It's tuning into an old folks home at the end of the show Very Happy

Holiday time for Mr Neville shortly and I hear it's back to two split shows for north and south of the TTTV region.
EM
EmleyMoor
Reporter posted:
Steven O posted:

Thanks TVDragon. I'm glad that we'll be able to give the other NE&C regional news magazines a fair hearing! Very Happy

Talking of which...anyone see North East TOnight tonight...poor old Bob nearly lost it. Couldn't remember the tide times and nearly didn't know what to say to Mike Neville. Still funny though. It's tuning into an old folks home at the end of the show Very Happy

Holiday time for Mr Neville shortly and I hear it's back to two split shows for north and south of the TTTV region.

Anyone know who'll be doing the Bilsdale one? Seems a bit saft changing things round just cos Mike Nev goes on his hols!
A former member
EmleyMoor posted:
Reporter posted:
Steven O posted:

Anyone know who'll be doing the Bilsdale one? Seems a bit saft changing things round just cos Mike Nev goes on his hols!

Pam Royle would do the Bilsdale programme and Kim Inglis would do the Pontop one.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I notice last week that Jonathan Morrell was presenting the 10.55am and Lunchtime bulletins of North East News.

What are the presenting patterns on Tyne Tees, will Jonathan also have done GMTV bulletins as well?
SO
Steven O
Black marks, I'm afraid, to Border (yet again)....
Last weekend was HEBS Live & Loud in Glasgow - one of Scotland's biggest pop festivals - which was covered by our local radio station. Now SMG had the cameras there too, and have recorded highlights to be transmitted this weekend on Scottish and Grampian.

Except - Border are too lazy to even use the Scottish opt-out to show them, and have deemed a fifty-year-old film on Saturday and network crap on Sunday to be of more interest to viewers in South Scotland than the highlights of Live & Loud. And Border is supposed to be our local television station..... Sad

However, for those with Sky, help is at hand, as Radio Borders has been giving listeners the set-up to tune into Scottish via the Add Channels function. But it does further underline the decline of regional ITV, in England at least, and the problems faced by viewers in South Scotland - are we watching Border TV, or English TV? Confused

Over to you....
EM
EmleyMoor
Andrew posted:
I notice last week that Jonathan Morrell was presenting the 10.55am and Lunchtime bulletins of North East News.

What are the presenting patterns on Tyne Tees, will Jonathan also have done GMTV bulletins as well?

The early guy (or gal) seems to do all of them in the morning including the lunchtime opt. Then someone else does the 3pm news with the Teesside opt and late news read by Pam Royle (or whoever is covering for her).

14 days later

A former member
EmleyMoor posted:
Andrew posted:

The early guy (or gal) seems to do all of them in the morning including the lunchtime opt. Then someone else does the 3pm news with the Teesside opt and late news read by Pam Royle (or whoever is covering for her).

So what do we think of the split Tyne Tees shows at the moment with Pam Royle in Newcastle for the north of the region and Clare Montogomery on Teesside?

Also whats happened to Jeff Brown on Look North Newcastle? Saw Jonathan Edwards doing the sport last night and he really hasn't got any better (someone send him on a presentation course please!).
Also I think Look North missed the weather story - hardly any pictures of the storms on Teesside. Tyne Tees on the other hand had loads of stuff from Sunday...were the Beeb caught out there?

Newer posts