TV Home Forum

TV Burp on Gold

From tomorrow (Monday 28th October) (October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Just a heads up, Gold will begin repeating Harry Hill's TV Burp starting from series 3 tomorrow, with double bills at 6pm and 11pm. According to Gold's own schedules the 11pm double bill is not a repeat of the 6pm airing - episodes 1 and 2 are to air at 6, with episodes 3 and 4 at 11.

Hopefully Gold will show more episodes than Cartoon Network did (still a strange choice of channel), although I presume there will be at least some edits because of the topical nature of the show, and also because of the amount of copyright clearance that will have to be made.

But if anyone misses TV Burp, at least it's back on regularly Smile

http://gold.uktv.co.uk/shows/harry-hills-tv-burp/
BR
Brekkie
I doubt it'll repeat too well - that's the problem with topical shows and the various "TV Burp Golds" always felt quite dated.
BA
bilky asko
Just a heads up, Gold will begin repeating Harry Hill's TV Burp starting from series 3 tomorrow, with double bills at 6pm and 11pm. According to Gold's own schedules the 11pm double bill is not a repeat of the 6pm airing - episodes 1 and 2 are to air at 6, with episodes 3 and 4 at 11.

Hopefully Gold will show more episodes than Cartoon Network did (still a strange choice of channel), although I presume there will be at least some edits because of the topical nature of the show, and also because of the amount of copyright clearance that will have to be made.

Wasn't the fact it was the sort of show it was the reason why they could show so many clips - therefore, there were few copyright issues?
KE
kernow
According to Gold's own schedules the 11pm double bill is not a repeat of the 6pm airing - episodes 1 and 2 are to air at 6, with episodes 3 and 4 at 11.

The programme descriptions in the listings make it look like the 11pm episodes are repeats of the 6pm episodes, with further repeats the next day at (or just after) 1pm.

Which is right? There's only one way to find out... wait until tomorrow! Wink
oflahertya and VMPhil gave kudos
DA
David
Seems like the [UKTV] Gold budget doesn't stretch to purchasing the subtitles. Either that or they are showing edited versions and don't have the time, technology and/or inclination to edit the subtitles too.
AS
Asa Admin
Which is right? There's only one way to find out... wait until tomorrow! Wink

Turns out it is a repeat of earlier.

I'd forgotten just how funny those early ones were, nice to see them as broadcast instead of a Best of. Little messing around in the studio too, it was all about the clips. "Nail bar!"
oflahertya and VMPhil gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member

Wasn't the fact it was the sort of show it was the reason why they could show so many clips - therefore, there were few copyright issues?

They could probably get away with using clips the first time around as 'fair use' for review/satire. I'm not sure if that still stands for programmes that aired so long ago however.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yeah I was surprised it every got released on DVD for the same reason.

Although in terms of TV repeats I would have thought that the footage on Russell Howard's Good News is shown in a similar way and that gets outings on Dave and BBC3 years after the original showing
VM
VMPhil
It's Gold's 21st birthday today, and every programme has a 'G21:' prefix on the guide with the phrase "Showing as part of Gold's 21st birthday celebrations" appearing in show synopsises, but as far as I can tell there isn't any special presentation or DOG. I haven't seen anything advertised for it either. Just an easy way to get viewers?
DA
David
Happy Birthday [[UK]TV] G[.]O[.]L[.]D
VM
VMPhil
David posted:

For total accuracy it should be [[UK] TV] G[.]o[O.]l[L.]d[D.]
DA
David
David posted:

For total accuracy it should be [[UK] TV] G[.]o[O.]l[L.]d[D.]

That would allow UKTV GoO.lL,d

I think something along the lines of [[UK]TV] G{o|O.}{l|L.}{d|D} would work.

Newer posts