TV Home Forum

BBC Two Rebrand and Onwards

Ident refresh 17/06/09 @ 6pm + a couple retired (Page 129) (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Cavan
Also, has anyone noticed that NI uses capitals in the "Next" part of their ECPs unlike the network?

VM
VMPhil
Well NI always has to do things differently for some reason.
CA
Cavan
The junction leading up to Wild Cameramen at Work on NI was a bit skewiff. Two blip stings in a row, a ten second-ish black screen and no fade-in between the ident and the programme.

Last edited by Cavan on 13 August 2013 8:28pm
CA
Cavan
The Great British Bake Off has a new competition! You have to design a '2' shaped cake! Interesting... Wink

Last edited by Cavan on 15 August 2013 8:21am - 5 times in total
PC
Paul Clark
Sorry for the double post but the ident (Seascape) into This is BBC Two played the music from the June 2009 refresh with no announcer.

You may have misunderstood; 'This is BBC Two' is a preview loop of programme clips, shown when nothing is scheduled - at present, it is still pre- the HD service changes. Network typically do not play an ident into this - instead, the loop itself includes the idents.

As it dates from before the current music was introduced, it still features the old music between programme clips. Including the now withdrawn Tent Festival.

Not sure why you mention the previous music as being from the 2009 refresh... They didn't change any music that year; it was the same as 2007 until recently, wasn't it?

Also, has anyone noticed that NI uses capitals in the "Next" part of their ECPs unlike the network?

It looks better as such, I would say. Pretty sure if anything that it's meant to be in uppercase.

Not the first time that NI have seemed a wee bit more Pres-aware than network - but there you are...
CA
Cavan
Sorry for the double post but the ident (Seascape) into This is BBC Two played the music from the June 2009 refresh with no announcer.

You may have misunderstood; 'This is BBC Two' is a preview loop of programme clips, shown when nothing is scheduled - at present, it is still pre- the HD service changes. Network typically do not play an ident into this - instead, the loop itself includes the idents.

As it dates from before the current music was introduced, it still features the old music between programme clips. Including the now withdrawn Tent Festival.

Not sure why you mention the previous music as being from the 2009 refresh... They didn't change any music that year; it was the same as 2007 until recently, wasn't it?

Sorry, got my wording wrong. I also haven't recorded that late since January so I didn't know.
SN
Silver Nemesis
Another menu adaptation of the 'there's always more to see' trail, spotted after Dragons' Den tonight - has this been seen before?

AG
AxG
The Great British Bake Off has a new competition! You have to design a '2' shaped cake! Interesting... Wink

And the result: (none of which look like the BBC Two '2'.

15 days later

JO
Jon
CJ De Mooi to return to Eggheads.

And CJ joins us now to talk about why he left the show and gives us the reason he's decided to return.

52 days later

PC
Paul Clark
Some ground-breaking design on BBC TWO Northern Ireland...

CH
chris
Just when we thought that logo couldn't get any uglier.... Surprised at NI.
TM
tmorgan96
I like it...

Newer posts