The Newsroom

Al Jazeera English & Al Jazeera America

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joshua
Great. Do any of you have Arabic TOTH from this era?

This is from November 2009, when the previous look launched.
WH
whoiam989

Thanks but I think some part is missing.
KM
Kevizz MS

Thanks but I think some part is missing.

Rolling Eyes Try not to be too grateful.
WH
whoiam989
I think I found the first half of the above video.

Now, I need to find full TOTH of normal bulletin of that era. Looks like above videos are from an in-depth programme.
VI
Viakenny
Actually, that's from their main bulletin, Hassad al-Yaom ("Today's Harvest"), aired at 2000 GMT (2300 KSA).
While the 2013 video is from the program whose name is officially translated to English as "Al Jazeera Midday".
NY
NYTV
This may come across as a bit surprising, but a former local anchor left for AlJazeera America only to return to her old job back at the station.
Morgan Fogarty, from WCCB-TV, Charlotte, NC, was hired by AJAM to worn in its New York offices, bt two months after the news of her hiring went public, she returned back to WCCB. This was the original article announcing her hiring: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/jonathan-betz-morgan-fogarty-del-walters-joining-al-jazeera-america_b97203 And...the article that talk of her return to WCCB: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/three-weeks-after-al-jazeera-americas-launch-morgan-fogarty-rejoins-wccb_b103425

13 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
AJE is to take a slot on one of the Temporary HD Muxes on Freeview to Simulcast it's service in HD.

(Rapid TV News)
David and bilky asko gave kudos

17 days later

DA
Dave Founding member
Not that it is much use to most users but Al Jazeera America has appeared on my TV guide here in the UAE. Shows they are willing to do deals to get this version internationally available so you never know, it may, one day, appear in the UK!

So far all I have seen is it mirror Al Jazeera English.
IS
Inspector Sands
AJ US is viewable in the UK with the right dish pointed in the right direction. It's on a transponder along with all the other AJ (non sport) channels.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Al Jazeera English HD is testing with a loop on Freeview from Crystal Palace. LCN 794 on my box.
HA
harshy Founding member
AJ US is viewable in the UK with the right dish pointed in the right direction. It's on a transponder along with all the other AJ (non sport) channels.

What's it called and on which satellite as I don't see it on kingofsat
IS
Inspector Sands

What's it called and on which satellite as I don't see it on kingofsat

I really can't remember, and I can't find it on Lyngsat now either. It might have been the one on transponder D10 on Eutelsat 8w but it's down as being a Middle Eastern beam. It should be said I was using a fairly big non-domestic dish, though it wasn't difficult to get. Maybe it's moved now

If you're set up for C-band it appears to be on Arabsat 5c at 20E

Newer posts