This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Indeed it does.

Wink
PA
pad
ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Thanks for the retina logo as well. The whole thing is awesome, especially the adaptive design. Love the surprise updates!
OF
oflahertya
Seems to be an issue where if the most recent post in a thread gets edited, the original version is what shows in the thread preview on the forum page

thats always happened
JA
JAS84
Still needs to be fixed. Also the latest tweet thing on the front page says:
Quote:
Look your last now because the face of TV Forum is about to change forever!
1 hour ago
That tweet was actually posted yesterday, not an hour ago, and there's a newer one.
RO
rob Founding member
Still can't give a mock 5 stars, but I do like the fact you can now change your vote on a Gallery page...
DO
dosxuk
I really hope I get used to it, but I'm sorry to say I hate Neon. It's too over complicated for my liking.

That's amazing feedback. I bet Asa can make many improvements with your concise, thorough description of the issues you are having.
PE
Pete Founding member
I note the delete button is missing from posts, any reason for this?
BB
BBC TV Centre
JAS84 posted:
Those companies still using IE6 like Mike W mentioned must have non-tech savvy IT people employed, who don't know about all the security holes. Not to mention IE6 doesn't even have tabbed browsing!

People using IE6 at work is not necessarily through the incompetence of IT departments - it's probably because corporate applications that have been designed to work with IE6 have not been updated, either it costs a fortune to do so (and so the bean counters don't wish to cough up) or the company making said application doesn't provide updates, thus consigning the end users to a life on IE6 until the company considers it to be more cost effective to move systems to something else during a refresh.

I'm not too sure on this new layout, it's all a bit folded bannery too much for my liking, but I'm sure I will get used to it.
MW
Mike W
JAS84 posted:
Those companies still using IE6 like Mike W mentioned must have non-tech savvy IT people employed, who don't know about all the security holes. Not to mention IE6 doesn't even have tabbed browsing!

People using IE6 at work is not necessarily through the incompetence of IT departments - it's probably because corporate applications that have been designed to work with IE6 have not been updated, either it costs a fortune to do so (and so the bean counters don't wish to cough up) or the company making said application doesn't provide updates, thus consigning the end users to a life on IE6 until the company considers it to be more cost effective to move systems to something else during a refresh.

I'm not too sure on this new layout, it's all a bit folded bannery too much for my liking, but I'm sure I will get used to it.

Yup, where I work we have IE6 and Chrome installed but Chrome never wants to work!
AS
Asa Admin
Thanks for all the feedback. Glad to see it has generally gone down ok. I appreciate it’s quite a big change. The blue background and topic list had been pretty much the same since day one so there’s always a bit of adjustment required – particularly for those who browsed only on the main site until the end.

Having a beta feel is probably a fair criticism – it’s hard to look at these things with a fresh pair of eyes sometimes, when it’s just sat on my PC. The beta period went on for much longer than I anticipated and I just wanted to draw a line under it, ensure the basics were working (the homepage name quote is pretty inexcusable admittedly) and then go from there.

Simon1970, as others have said, are you in compatibility mode? That would cause the message to show. The reason I say upgrade to IE8 is because I assume all IE7 visitors are on XP and therefore can only upgrade to IE8. (Shame on anyone running IE7 on Vista upwards, sympathy for anyone at work ‘experiencing’ the web on IE6!)

AxG, what thread were you trying to access? Did you get an error message when creating the topic? Logout seems fine for my Firefox although I am having problems with it on Safari on the iPad. I’m guessing there’s some cookie setting difference between the browsers.

Andrew, the lack of bottom links isn’t related to the page but the number of posts on the final page. Because it’s positioned absolutely flush with the bottom of the left hand side block, I have to ensure there is enough space to fit it in otherwise it could overlap the videos/tags/whatever else is on the sidebar. I’ll have another think if it can be implemented differently.

Whataday, is there a particular area that feels overly complicated?

TravisM661, are you browsing on a Mac? I’ve tried it on a recent Safari and it seems ok?

Twitter/Metropol/updated websites all run off a scheduled task which works when I run it manually but not when scheduled oddly, I’ll keep looking into it and other issues too.
AG
AxG
Asa posted:
AxG, what thread were you trying to access? Did you get an error message when creating the topic? Logout seems fine for my Firefox although I am having problems with it on Safari on the iPad. I’m guessing there’s some cookie setting difference between the browsers.

The 'The Jonathan Ross Show' which when I pressed 'post', it just kept loading, opened Multiview in a new tab, and the thread had been created, the other tab was still loading. Currently now, when clicking on it, it won't open just continual loading.
:-(
A former member
Once you've clicked view as desktop site, how the heck do you get back to view as mobile?

Newer posts