Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
LOL I now get this: You are using an outdated browser. Please update to Internet Explorer 8 or above, or another modern browser.

... I am using Internet Explorer 9 !!

Sadly I don't like it that much, so messy, can't find anything. Sad

I presume you're on Vista, otherwise you can upgrade to IE10 (and IE11 is coming out in a couple weeks).
MW
Mike W
You are using Internet Explorer. There are many browsers out there but please don't use any build of IE, no matter how many people tell me it's stable, better etc - it's still clunky to me!

Then again we use IE6 at work...
TW
tweedledum
You cant beat Google Chrome IMO.
VM
VMPhil
You cant beat Google Chrome IMO.

Well if we're doing IMO then IMO Firefox still beats them all. But choice is good, right?
CR
Critique
Glad to see this become permanent - it looks quite a bit nicer and is much improved! And I love the little touches like the flickering logo during the maintenance slide earlier, and the STV and UTV logos in use depending on your region. However, the latest post doesn't seem to be updating for Metropol on the homepage, though...

^I typed that about four hours ago but forgot to post it, and either it, or my computer, has saved it for when I came back to post, which is a nice touch.
AC
aconnell
It works perfectly on Samsung Galaxy S2 in Firefox browser. Finally, I'll be able to use it when I'm out and about - without getting infuriated by pinching and fumbling for the right things to press on the screen. It's so so useful!

Same for iPad - really clever changes when moving from landscape to portrait.

Very well done!
AG
AxG
My only niggle is below, where it looks like the date, time and user is split to two lines, and maybe resulting the thread title to appear in the middle. This is fine in landscape mode though.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/TheAxG/null_zps4d6a5616.png
VM
VMPhil
There's a similar thing going on on the desktop homepage with the Requests forum:

JA
Jake
My only real issue would be how huge the header is on a lower resolution laptop (1366 x 768)

Before neon I could see all the forum sections (and Metropol of course) without scrolling.

EDIT: Also I appear to be misquoted.
Last edited by Jake on 12 October 2013 9:08pm - 2 times in total
BE
benriggers
I think I got to try and get used to this new layout!I decided to stick with the old layout til yesterday Sad
CR
Critique
I've updated the 'Guide to Mocking' seeing as it appears quite prominently in the Gallery now - you may even notice it's been given a lick of neon-style paint (although it's had it for a while...)
SI
simon1970
LOL I now get this: You are using an outdated browser. Please update to Internet Explorer 8 or above, or another modern browser.

... I am using Internet Explorer 9 !!

Sadly I don't like it that much, so messy, can't find anything. Sad

I presume you're on Vista, otherwise you can upgrade to IE10 (and IE11 is coming out in a couple weeks).

No not on Vista, Windows 7! But it's telling to upgrade to 8 or above yet I am on IE9?! Work that one out!!

Newer posts