TV Home Forum

Still Open All Hours

David Jason is back in one off BBC Christmas Special (October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
I don't know how will work out at all. How can this show work without the likes of the late Ronnie Barker is a tricky one.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/news/a521620/sir-david-jason-to-star-in-open-all-hours-christmas-special.html

I have watched the old episodes of it before & I thought parts of it were funny. I don't that it is possible for it to be funny this time with Arkwright not being in it.
BA
bilky asko
The thought of David Jason working in a Premier Express just makes me chuckle.
DA
David
The BBC showed Life Beyond the Box: Norman Stanley Fletcher a few years ago which only featured Ronnie Barker very briefly but still worked.
DA
davidhorman
I don't that it is possible for it to be funny this time with Arkwright not being in it.

Plenty of other comedies are funny, despite not having Arkwright in them.

Does seem a bit pointless though.
RJ
RJG
I don't that it is possible for it to be funny this time with Arkwright not being in it.

Plenty of other comedies are funny, despite not having Arkwright in them.

Does seem a bit pointless though.

Not as pointless as the entire series of The Royal Bodyguard!
AH
ahall41116
Last time I went past, the 'shop' is still there. Being up north, it's likely to be a londis or nisa now, but would like it to be a tesco express!
JK
JK08
Last time I went past, the 'shop' is still there. Being up north, it's likely to be a londis or nisa now, but would like it to be a tesco express!

It's actually a hair salon, just as it was at the time I believe.
AH
ahall41116
JK08 posted:

Hence 'shop' being in quotes. Rolling Eyes
JK
JK08
JK08 posted:

Hence 'shop' being in quotes. Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2450255/The-REAL-Arkwright-shop-love-Open-All-Hours-Hair-salon-used-classic-comedy-prepares-Christmas-special.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
BA
bilky asko
He knows perfectly well that it's not a shop - he is saying the physical frontage is still there, and that the shop in the show will have likely transformed into a more generically branded one.
JK
JK08
He knows perfectly well that it's not a shop - he is saying the physical frontage is still there, and that the shop in the show will have likely transformed into a more generically branded one.

Oh, apologies if that is the case. It appears I got the wrong end of the stick.
RI
Rijowhi
Hoping that this is better than the negative response it has had online. I liked the originals so fingers crossed...

Newer posts