The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
ha ha this is tv forum you will get idiots like me posting such observations Smile

completely irrelevant now everything is sorted and this is the News channel thread.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Well it was only a matter of time before Daily Mail wrote an article about what could be seen in the background...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2433055/BBC-News-workers-fighting-umbrellas-picking-nose-presenters-causes-viewers-outrage.html#comments

It's probably also only a matter of time before they stop accepting comments on the article, as the overwhelming majority of comments are either criticising the DM or taking the p*** about the article.
NY
NYTV
Well it was only a matter of time before Daily Mail wrote an article about what could be seen in the background...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2433055/BBC-News-workers-fighting-umbrellas-picking-nose-presenters-causes-viewers-outrage.html#comments

It's probably also only a matter of time before they stop accepting comments on the article, as the overwhelming majority of comments are either criticising the DM or taking the p*** about the article.

Really? this is news lol, Then they probably shouldn't watch the Canadian Sportscentre on TSN
BU
buster
The headline text on the 2003 globe was a nice idea but it was always a bit juddery and sometimes the music starter later than the titles. The generic version on the national news bulletins always looked so much smoother (that said, what was the point in having BBC News round the globe and then again as a form-up at the end? always seemed a bit strange)

There was a period when News 24 won an award for something and wanted that text on the end of the titles, but clearly it took a while to get it into the live-render version so they used a generic version for a week or two. And it looked a lot better!
FL
flaziola
I must complement Huw on his handover to the Six, some interview about an architecture award ran very close to the wire (17:59) and handed back to Huw, he had about 20 seconds before six o clock so he said there'd be more on the top story about the British woman before saying 'Here's Fiona Bruce...' and straight into the Six we go.

I notice that the screens above E aren't showing News Channel and World output anymore on the TOTH sequence.
WO
Worzel

If it were someone dropping their trousers, then there would be room for complaint. Although it would be funny TV I must admit.

Nobody ever whined about the goings on in the background whilst News 24 was in N8/N9.

The live newsroom is better than the god awful Barco screens!
WO
Worzel
I must complement Huw on his handover to the Six, some interview about an architecture award ran very close to the wire (17:59) and handed back to Huw, he had about 20 seconds before six o clock so he said there'd be more on the top story about the British woman before saying 'Here's Fiona Bruce...' and straight into the Six we go.

I notice that the screens above E aren't showing News Channel and World output anymore on the TOTH sequence.

They were this morning. They seem to go to the white/red BBC News slides in the evening.
OF
oflahertya
Football Focus - BBC 1
Sportsday - BBC News Channel

The Plasmas are really annoying, I know the BBC can't show the Panasonic logo because of OFCOM's rules but surely they could tidy that up a bit better, it looks really scruffy
GE
thegeek Founding member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2433055/BBC-News-workers-fighting-umbrellas-picking-nose-presenters-causes-viewers-outrage.html

Rolling Eyes

"The glass wall behind Sophie Raworth may blur things a little, but it looks as if the woman behind her is giving her nose a nice clean"
er.. no, that'll be depth of field.
DO
dosxuk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2433055/BBC-News-workers-fighting-umbrellas-picking-nose-presenters-causes-viewers-outrage.html

Rolling Eyes

"The glass wall behind Sophie Raworth may blur things a little, but it looks as if the woman behind her is giving her nose a nice clean"
er.. no, that'll be depth of field.

Since they can't even get the name of the tweeter complaining about his shiny bald spot right, despite putting a picture of said tweet two lines further up, I doubt they'll be concerned by such technical details.
JW
JamesWorldNews
You'd think they'd be more concerned about the camera that was standing looking over Kate Silverton's shoulder on Monday's One O'clock News! How it got there, I've no idea. Perhaps it was a deliberate directorial move to block out someone having a cheese and pickle sandwich in the newsroom behind?

As if to react to a scolding, same camera slowly crept away to the right of the shot as we look at it, to hide (rather unsuccessfully) behind the plasma* screen off to Kate's left shoulder!

*I know it's not a plasma, but whatever it is.
GE
thegeek Founding member
At the 1630 weather forecast, the presenter didn't have his Madonna mic on, and spent 10 second fumbling and mumbling while trying to put it on.

It would have to be the Schaf, wouldn't it?

Newer posts