The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member
On the point about being stuck with a dodgy shot until the camera has made its move, I wonder if introducing a simple cut box or emergency cut facility downstream of the mixer to take a static wide-shot would be a good move?

There is almost certainly an emergency cut downstream of the mixer already. A camera move going wrong is not a big enough emergency to use it.
OF
oflahertya
I have just seen these pictures on twitter, I dont think they have been posted before!

Front Shot from Studio E

https://twitter.com/CarolineBatt/status/338198192430653440/photo/1

Behind Shot Studio E

https://twitter.com/CarolineBatt/status/329380570691940353/photo/1
SA
samwsmith1
Seems like Gavin Grey is having to ad lib at the moment - I can only assume a technical problem. He said goodbye as usual at 03:26 then the 'welcome back' titles were played immediately instead of the weather. World looks to be unaffected.
DK
DanielK
Does BBC News actually have a newsflash/special report/any other name intro or is it just a sting and straight in?
AA
AdamABC
Does BBC News actually have a newsflash/special report/any other name intro or is it just a sting and straight in?

Yes. It's called a 'BBC News Special' programme, which was recently aired during the birth for George of Cambridge.
OF
oflahertya
Smile Floor Manager just appeared in the shot after the Headlines on the Six
WA
watchingtv
Smile Floor Manager just appeared in the shot after the Headlines on the Six

All he could do was stand still! Laughing

And the news channel is not running with the Six tonight...
OF
oflahertya
WA
watchingtv
DA
dafydd
My cap of it
SC
scottishtv Founding member
My cap of it

I particularly enjoyed the clattering sound 9 seconds in.
WO
Worzel
My cap of it

At least he wasn't standing on the camera track or we could have had a derailment! Wink

Newer posts