Media Websites

TV Forum Neon

General Site Discussion (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
David
Bail posted:
If this is a serious thread sorry for closing it, as it appears to me not to be a serious thread I'm closing it.

I think this needs some clarification. Do all threads now need to be serious? Some of the best threads on here over the years have been the funny ones.

The thread in question was on topic. It was about a forthcoming new channel launch with original programmes and presentation. Exactly what this forum is meant to be about. Was it 100% serious. Of course not. Who wants a forum without any fun?
JO
Jon
David posted:
Who wants a forum without any fun?

Alexia.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
David posted:
Bail posted:
If this is a serious thread sorry for closing it, as it appears to me not to be a serious thread I'm closing it.

I think this needs some clarification. Do all threads now need to be serious? Some of the best threads on here over the years have been the funny ones.

Well come up with something funny then.

Quote:
They launch on 1st July, so they could pick up the millions of Loaded TV viewers who are stuck for something to watch now that that channel seems to have closed down. It is obvious that the two channels are competing for the same demographic so even if Loaded TV does come back, will the viewers still be there?

I mean.. its all a bit 'one-trick' really, isn't it? You might say you 'run the comedy gamut from A to B' - to borrow your well expressed gift of utter sarcasm in a plain wrapper.

You'll forgive me I hope - you know they say everyone's a critic, and you did ask for clarification so I thought I would qualify my original message.

Quote:
There is profit in the Prophet (praise be upon him).

Perhaps I've misjudged you. That's a bristling little piece of wordplay, worthy of Dictionary Corner.

I'll knit you a Giles Brandreth pullover. With an owl on it, perhaps.
MI
Michael
Jon posted:
David posted:
Who wants a forum without any fun?

Alexia.

Who dat?

18 days later

RO
rob Founding member
The arrow emoticon doesn't show up in Neon, but shows up on the normal site.

27 days later

WE
Westy2
Dunno if anyones noticed this, but even if you asterisk out a swear word, eg b***er, it still appears in full on the front page.

One of Mike W's posts was affected, plus mine have been too!

Im taking a guess that if you type it in full originally, then edit it, it happens!

16 days later

:-(
A former member
Minor nitpick warning!

The links to the latest post on the front page of the classic forum only are not scrolling the thread page to the correct post - if there's only one page to the thread.

The front page link has the format #post885274 but in the HTML, the named links are hyphenated post-885274

10 days later

DB
dbl
Asa,

Any chance of adding some sort of of auto-shrink option to large images on posts?
BA
bilky asko
dbl posted:
Asa,

Any chance of adding some sort of of auto-shrink option to large images on posts?

It's already a feature on Neon.
AS
Asa Admin
Does the script where large images get shrunk to the maximum width of the post not work for you? It is being replaced in the next update with the standard CSS max-width property so will work responsively but should do the same thing.

EDIT: Ah bilky's nailed it - yep, use Neon dbl!

And thanks for the anchor issue Andrew - all fixed in Neon (hopefully!)
:-(
A former member
When is Neon taken over? I still use current version
DB
dbl
Asa posted:
Does the script where large images get shrunk to the maximum width of the post not work for you? It is being replaced in the next update with the standard CSS max-width property so will work responsively but should do the same thing.

EDIT: Ah bilky's nailed it - yep, use Neon dbl!

I stand corrected! Thanks Smile

Newer posts