« Topics
AdamABC259 posts since 2 Apr 2013
Alice Baxter in for Ros Atkins. Kasia Madera in for Zeinab Badawi.

Alice is popular with World News viewers, apparently.

(I know this is late, but oh well..) I agree with them, I think Alice is excellent. She is so enthusiastic about the headlines, and, on the 5am hour in the UK, is much more refreshing than the usual. And those hand gestures? I find them engaging, and welcoming. She even says hello welcome and to the audience, which can't be said for some other presenters, which makes their presentation seem hostile. In fact, the best World News bulletin presenters are Alice Baxter, Nik Gowing, Tim Willcox, David Eades, and Geeta Guru-Murthy.
Gary McEwan3,392 posts since 23 May 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Alice Baxter in for Ros Atkins. Kasia Madera in for Zeinab Badawi.

Alice is popular with World News viewers, apparently.

(I know this is late, but oh well..) I agree with them, I think Alice is excellent. She is so enthusiastic about the headlines, and, on the 5am hour in the UK, is much more refreshing than the usual. And those hand gestures? I find them engaging, and welcoming. She even says hello welcome and to the audience, which can't be said for some other presenters, which makes their presentation seem hostile. In fact, the best World News bulletin presenters are Alice Baxter, Nik Gowing, Tim Willcox, David Eades, and Geeta Guru-Murthy.

Disagree with Geeta Guru-Murthy, I don't find her that good actually, I find her to be quite smug and smarmy at times.

Mike Embley is certainly one of the best though IMO.
Last edited by Gary McEwan on 16 August 2013 7:12pm
House3,169 posts since 13 Mar 2007
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
What's everyone's opinion of this - http://www.bbcnewsfix.moonfruit.co.uk/latest-news/4568582958 , look at the fourth one down (presenter count) - ? Sorry if this has been brought up.

They all did very well. Glad Maxine's double shift gave her a chance. Really spectacular stuff. Such a shame on-location reporting isn't included. And how dare Jane Hill let Emily Maitlis and Carole Walker present her slot. Newswatch will be hearing about this.
AdamABC259 posts since 2 Apr 2013
What's everyone's opinion of this - http://www.bbcnewsfix.moonfruit.co.uk/latest-news/4568582958 , look at the fourth one down (presenter count) - ? Sorry if this has been brought up.

They all did very well. Glad Maxine's double shift gave her a chance. Really spectacular stuff. Such a shame on-location reporting isn't included. And how dare Jane Hill let Emily Maitlis and Carole Walker present her slot. Newswatch will be hearing about this.

I personally prefer the Maitlis-Amroliwala Monday combo!
DrewF2,062 posts since 22 Mar 2010
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

I personally prefer the Maitlis-Amroliwala Monday combo!

What's that whooshing sound I hear?
Previously known as woah
itsrobert6,278 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today

House, can you believe that Clive Myrie had to take FOUR WEEKS off?!?!? Christ, doesn't he know he'll lose his slot if he's not careful? Screw that holiday in Barbados, Clive, your slot's up for grabs!!!!

Rolling Eyes