TV Home Forum

Daybreak relaunch with Lorraine and Aled

From 6am Monday (August 2012)

WE
Westy2
I've checked it out, news update at 9 was by Angela Corp, don't believe it was a last minute fill-in. It looks like an on-screen try out, she seems good, very sombre for today's news.

It seems it was last-minute. Ranvir went home sick after 8am. Louisa James filling in on the Newshour this morning and doing a very good job IMO.

There you go.

Simple question.

Simple answer.

No need to quote privacy & all that ****!
TW
tweedledum Border (England) Look North (North East)
Louisa was great on the Newshour.. But, I don't really think their was chemistry between Matt and her, but that's maybe because they havent done it together before..
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I've checked it out, news update at 9 was by Angela Corp, don't believe it was a last minute fill-in. It looks like an on-screen try out, she seems good, very sombre for today's news.

It seems it was last-minute. Ranvir went home sick after 8am. Louisa James filling in on the Newshour this morning and doing a very good job IMO.

There you go.

Simple question.

Simple answer.

No need to quote privacy & all that ****!

You're one of the worst for it. Noone is saying not to discuss who's on when (and to be honest, I thought the comments in this thread were pretty reasonable and didn't warrant the outburst they got) but there IS a line that is frequently crossed. You have to bear in mind that, just because someone has a job that involves being on tv, it doesn't make them fair game for speculation about their private life or for indecent comments about their looks.
WE
Westy2
No I ain't!
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
No I ain't!

It doesn't help that you keep mentioning a "thought police mentality" without understanding what it means and what it refers to.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
JA
jamiehotrocks Granada North West Today
I emailed Daybreak earlier in the week with some general comments and questions, I asked about any changes that we might see from September, either in presentation, graphics or editorially, this is the reply...should I read anything into it do we think? Will that announcement be coming soon? Does anyone on the inside know?

"With regard to possible changes to the programme, the reports in the newspapers over the last few days are pure speculation and not based on anything announced by ITV. If any changes are made to the programme or to the presenting team then our Press Office will issue an official release. However, we are always pleased to hear the views of our viewers whether they are complimentary or critical and so we have passed your comments onto the editorial team who work with our presenters."

Any ideas?
MW
Mike W London London
I emailed Daybreak earlier in the week with some general comments and questions, I asked about any changes that we might see from September, either in presentation, graphics or editorially, this is the reply...should I read anything into it do we think? Will that announcement be coming soon? Does anyone on the inside know?

"With regard to possible changes to the programme, the reports in the newspapers over the last few days are pure speculation and not based on anything announced by ITV. If any changes are made to the programme or to the presenting team then our Press Office will issue an official release. However, we are always pleased to hear the views of our viewers whether they are complimentary or critical and so we have passed your comments onto the editorial team who work with our presenters."

Any ideas?

Rolling Eyes No, it means - in a nutshell "Pee off", it's a brush off email
GM
Gary McEwan Central Reporting Scotland

Any ideas?

Standard scripted email, basically it means 'Go away and stop annoying us please'.
JA
jamesrl Wales Wales Today
Matt Barbet presented the ITV evening news today and he's back on at 10.30pm. Good to see ITV/ITN making use of him - it was an excellent debut.

It's good PR for Daybreak putting him out there on a Saturday evening, if he was liked then it could bring in some more viewers.
GM
Gary McEwan Central Reporting Scotland
Matt Barbet presented the ITV evening news today and he's back on at 10.30pm. Good to see ITV/ITN making use of him - it was an excellent debut.

It's good PR for Daybreak putting him out there on a Saturday evening, if he was liked then it could bring in some more viewers.

Been discussed at length in the ITV News Rebrand thread...
JA
jamesrl Wales Wales Today

Been discussed at length in the ITV News Rebrand thread...

With a link to Daybreak, I'm happy to discuss it in this thread. But thanks for the info. Very Happy
TW
tweedledum Border (England) Look North (North East)
The headlines graphic colour has been changed to red. I think its only that aston though.

Newer posts