TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IA
Iamanidot
Here's the Promo for Local TV in Birmingham called rather imaginatively City TV

Taken from here http://www.citytvbroadcasting.co.uk/ I'm not too sure what to make of it in all honestly. Seems rather dull yet decent at the same time.
WE
Westy2
Looks quite impressive.

I'd be intrigued to know how a certain Baggie supporting BBC Local Radio mid morning presenter is able to work for both the Beeb & this lot?

I assume he's freelance?

Didnt catch all the names, but I spotted David Jensen, Marverine Cole & Ed James of Heart FM fame.
LL
London Lite Founding member

Didnt catch all the names, but I spotted David Jensen, Marverine Cole & Ed James of Heart FM fame.

It looks like they're working in partnership with Free Radio as Chiara Glorioso is presenting travel and weather bulletins.

Made in Leeds will have news provided by Radio Aire and London Live with LBC 97.3 (The Evening Standard already has a partnership with Global Radio), so don't be surprised if most of these channels will be working in conjunction with a local radio station
JO
Jon

It looks like they're working in partnership with Free Radio as Chiara Glorioso is presenting travel and weather bulletins.

Did she work for Free Radio when that was made though, or maybe traffic link? Not sure they mention a link with Orion in their application.

I think the best thing for these channels to do at breakfast time is stick some cameras in a local commercial radio studio, and create some accompanying graphics. I guess the problem would be how they share the advertising revenue though.
WE
Westy2
Oh, thats Chiara Glorioso is it!

Im sure I read somewhere she was the partner of a certain presenter who spent sometime at her Majestys pleasure.
JO
Jon
Im sure I read somewhere she was the partner of a certain presenter who spent sometime at her Majestys pleasure.

Well he's a producer at City TV, so you're allowed to say his name. Not sure what their personal relationship has to do with the presentation or programming though.
Last edited by Jon on 9 August 2013 10:31am
MW
Mike W
Here's the Promo for Local TV in Birmingham called rather imaginatively City TV

Taken from here http://www.citytvbroadcasting.co.uk/ I'm not too sure what to make of it in all honestly. Seems rather dull yet decent at the same time.

I actually thought another bid was far stronger than theirs, that video is about 3 years old now anyway (it was even around before the plans were announced by Jeremy Hunt I think)
WE
Westy2
Jon posted:

Well he's a producer at City TV, so you're allowed to say his name. Not sure what their personal relationship has to do with the presentation or programming though.

Well, thats the last time I saw her name mentioned!

Nice to see our Ash is back in journalism.
RI
Rijowhi
I may be biased here (being a Brummie myself) but I think City TV will do well...the promo certainly looks a lot better than Brighton's effort (but so it should, Birmingham is much bigger). Looks like it could actually be worth a watch...

** However it's not enough, Birmingham is England's second biggest City (in the second biggest metropolitian area) and I really believe Brum should be getting a fairer share of Production (this goes for the Midlands as a whole). It's time the BBC started treating the Midlands (and East Anglia) Production area with respect again...this goes for ITV and the rest too.
MW
Mike W
I may be biased here (being a Brummie myself) but I think City TV will do well...the promo certainly looks a lot better than Brighton's effort (but so it should, Birmingham is much bigger). Looks like it could actually be worth a watch...

** However it's not enough, Birmingham is England's second biggest City (in the second biggest metropolitian area) and I really believe Brum should be getting a fairer share of Production (this goes for the Midlands as a whole). It's time the BBC started treating the Midlands (and East Anglia) Production area with respect again...this goes for ITV and the rest too.

Sadly that'll never happen - the BBC signed the region's resignation when they left Pebble Mill - moreso when they closed A and C at Pebble Mill...
RA
radiolistener
David posted:
I'm sure when the Newsround Press Packers made their reports they were actually helped by some responsible adults not to mention they had use of the BBC's professional equipment, not smartphones.

Beadle's Hot Shots was quite good but that was years before YouTube and I am not so sure it would work now.

Do you know what a lot of BBC staff use today in terms of professional equipment? an iPhone!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/blogcollegeofjournalism/posts/What-does-the-iPhone-5-offer-journalists-
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Jon posted:
With the other thread talking more about the licensing side of things, I thought it would be interesting to create a thread about the presentation that is revealed by the new licence holders before and as they are launched.

Latest 8 TV in Brighton, have put together this showreel, featuring some idents which I think are quite nice and quite fun, in addition to some examples of advertisements and programming.

It also seems as if Latest, will devote much of it's daytime output to what are essentially property classifieds.

They have already produced some considerable programming for the internet. There is also programming aimed at Brighton's sizeable LGBT community.

They're planning to launch in 2014, some of the other local services are planning to go on air towards the end of 2013.

Amazing how the Qtube channel manages to record the air-con as well as the studio chat.
Last edited by Fluffy Bunny Feet on 12 August 2013 9:34pm

Newer posts