TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2013

(July 2013)

PT
Put The Telly On (previously nok32uk) Meridian (South East) South East Today
Jon posted:
The X Factor has had it's day.. high ratings or not.

Nice well thought out analysis there. Rolling Eyes

Yep my opinion, sorry about that.
youtube.com/putthetellyon1
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
Jon posted:

But state it's your opinion. In television something hasn't had it day unless it isn't doing the business anymore. You're post seemed to suggest because you don't enjoy it as much as you once did, it shouldn't exist anymore.
PT
Put The Telly On (previously nok32uk) Meridian (South East) South East Today
Jon posted:
Jon posted:

But state it's your opinion. In television something hasn't had it day unless it isn't doing the business anymore. You're post seemed to suggest because you don't enjoy it as much as you once did, it shouldn't exist anymore.

I did think this was a forum where all posts are considered opinion unless backed up with factual evidence but there we go.

Well if the X Factor continues for the next 50 years or whatever then we really are in a state. #myopinion

Admittedly C4 isn't funded in quite the same as ITV but at least they had the balls to ditch Big Brother after 10 years too long and it was still doing well in the ratings.

The X Factor may be 'good for business' because it still brings in the viewers but on the other hand, are we seriously to believe that all these series on it's all about finding a new superstar and raw talent? I don't think so, it's become swallowed up in its own edited hype. #myopinionagain
youtube.com/putthetellyon1
DB
dbl London London

Behind the scenes of the X Factor promo:
http://vimeo.com/71739979
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Jon posted:
Jon posted:

'Doing the business' is a lot more than just good ratings though. ITV has been paying a premium for the show (which has been underperforming compared to when the deal was negotiated), and amongst other things they have to consider whether or not The X Factor is the most cost effective way of filling the prime time slot.

Furthermore, if the show isnt creating as much of a buzz as it was, advertisers will get bored of it, and choose to allocate their ad spend elsewhere.

It also does ITV's share price no good if the press are constantly reporting that The X Factor is in decline.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Yet financially ITV is probably in the best shape it's been for a decade at the moment.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
Yet financially ITV is probably in the best shape it's been for a decade at the moment.

That doesn't mean it won't take calculated decisions on recommisioning programmes.

22 days later

GO
gottago London London
The judges seem to be sat in front of a screen rather than an actual window. Doesn't half make them look like they're on the regional news.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
The judges seem to be sat in front of a screen rather than an actual window. Doesn't half make them look like they're on the regional news.

It looks really bad in some shots. Just like Sharon Osbourne and Gary Barlow presenting the ITV Regional News.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
DK
DanielK STV Central Reporting Scotland
RDJ posted:

It looks really bad in some shots. Just like Sharon Osbourne and Gary Barlow presenting the ITV Regional News.

I'd tune in! Very Happy Laughing
:-(
A former member
RDJ posted:

Don't give ITV ideas Wink it could save cost........ Granada X factor. Laughing
BA
bazinga STV Central Reporting Scotland
I think it looks good, modern in my opinion Very Happy .imo

Newer posts