TV Home Forum

The end of the Safe Area

BBC Sport. (August 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Hugely significant development - Final Score as I mentioned in the Sport Thread has finally gone for full 16:9 graphics.
WP
WillPS
Finally, the BBC catch up with Sit-up.
DB
dbl
Screengrab from iPlayer, although you should really say 'The end of the 4:3 Safe Area'

http://i42.tinypic.com/20sd26x.jpg
NG
noggin Founding member
Though it's not the end of the safe area, it's just a switch to 16:9 graphics safe isn't it?

Presumably they've also stopped AFDing 4:3 CCO at the same time? (AFDs trigger decent Freeview boxes connected to 4:3 TVs to switch between 16L12, 14L12 and 12F12)
DJ
DJGM
I wonder how long it'll be before luddites with their TV's setup all wrong start to complain to PoV about this?
BA
bilky asko
DJGM posted:
I wonder how long it'll be before luddites with their TV's setup all wrong start to complain to PoV about this?

Well sit-up got it right with a handy instructional video on setting aspect ratios. All the BBC need to do is to get June Whitfield sat in a riser recliner, showing viewers how to do it with a giant remote.
ST
steveboswell
16:9 graphics, and they still squash-up the lettering and use ridiculous abbreviations. Rolling Eyes Oh well, it's a start, I suppose...

Newer posts