« Topics
London Lite10,472 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London

Btw neither BBC london news or London Tonight are typical regional news programmes. They are much higher profile, London Tonight even managed to get Kaplinsky to do cover work.

To be fair, ITV News London presentation staff are integrated within the national ITV News structure with regards to shifts. Nina Hossain, Charlene White, Lucrezia Millarini and Faye Barker all work on both with the national ITV News presenter covering lunchtimes and Saturday on London.
myan392 posts since 7 Mar 2013
On BBCWN, it looks like Daniela Ritorto will be fronting Newsday for this week. Babita Sharma is on a change of regular routine, to present Outlook on World Service Radio.
Ronant928 posts since 22 Feb 2006
Breakfast are rather short next week:

Saturday-Sunday: Roger Johnson and Naga Munchetty
Monday-Wednesday: Louise Minchin and Nicholas Owen
Thursday-Friday: Simon McCoy and Louise Minchin.

So Susanna Reid, Bill Turnbull, Charlie Stayt and presumably Jon Kay all on holiday.
DanielK3,453 posts since 1 Oct 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland

Thursday-Friday: Simon McCoy and Louise Minchin .

So Susanna Reid, Bill Turnbull, Charlie Stayt and presumably Jon Kay all on holiday.

Hell yeah, Simon, Nicholas, Naga and Louise! The best out of the supply/NC team!
chris_rgu1,094 posts since 29 Jul 2009
STV North Reporting Scotland

Thursday-Friday: Simon McCoy and Louise Minchin .

Hell yeah, Simon, Nicholas, Naga and Louise! The best out of the supply/NC team!

Agreed, even though the regulars aren't around they're still putting on a good show Smile
itsrobert6,291 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today

Thursday-Friday: Simon McCoy and Louise Minchin.

It's not unusual, though - about a decade ago they used to drag Michael Peschardt all the way over from Australia to cover Breakfast shifts in August and even Michael Buerk presented it in 2003-ish.

Speaking of past presenters, does anyone else miss the last incarnation of Breakfast News? The usual presenters - Jon Nicholson, Sophie Raworth, Tanya Beckett, Julie Etchingham, Noel Thompson - were all really good and treated viewers like intelligent people. It's a far cry from what the programme has become with all this simpering and pouting all the time. I generally catch about 20 minutes of Breakfast while eating my breakfast at 7.00 am but I listen to Today on Radio 4 in the car which I find to be a much better news programme for my taste.
noggin14,378 posts since 26 Jun 2001

Speaking of past presenters, does anyone else miss the last incarnation of Breakfast News? The usual presenters - Jon Nicholson, Sophie Raworth, Tanya Beckett, Julie Etchingham, Noel Thompson - were all really good and treated viewers like intelligent people. It's a far cry from what the programme has become with all this simpering and pouting all the time. I generally catch about 20 minutes of Breakfast while eating my breakfast at 7.00 am but I listen to Today on Radio 4 in the car which I find to be a much better news programme for my taste.

Yes - but at that time the show was getting hammered by GMTV (twice as many people, if not more, were watching GMTV than Breakfast News) - so it wasn't to everyone's taste presumably...
Mike W4,898 posts since 30 Apr 2006
London London
It's a far cry from what the programme has become with all this simpering and pouting all the time.

I can honestly say that when I watch BBC Breakfast, I never notice any pouting
and I never see any simpering
and I certainly don't see it all the time.

I think you pay more attention to the BBC logo than the presenters then. Smarmy, patronising rubbish.
Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you...
Cando1,410 posts since 8 Mar 2012
London London

Yes - but at that time the show was getting hammered by GMTV (twice as many people, if not more, were watching GMTV than Breakfast News) - so it wasn't to everyone's taste presumably...

Indeed given how terrestrial ratings have fallen over the last 13 years, the growth in Breakfast's audience is quite remarkable. Nearly doubled in 10-13 years! Incredible audience reach figures too.
itsrobert6,291 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
It's a far cry from what the programme has become with all this simpering and pouting all the time.

I can honestly say that when I watch BBC Breakfast, I never notice any pouting
and I never see any simpering
and I certainly don't see it all the time.

That's weird, as I see it frequently. At least 3 days per week actually.

By the way, I'm intelligent enough to know what pouting and simpering mean without visual aids. Just for future reference, you understand.
bilky asko5,483 posts since 9 Sep 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I think you pay more attention to the BBC logo than the presenters then. Smarmy, patronising rubbish.

Are you honestly saying that the presenters don't do anything but be patronising, and pull faces? It's hyperbole at best, and outright lies at worst.

By the way, I'm intelligent enough to know what pouting and simpering mean without visual aids. Just for future reference, you understand.

I felt the visual aids would help get the point across that you're not telling the truth.
No further posts are being accepted for this topic