The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RA
radiolistener
This is really embarrassing.

Given that I was born in this city, I find it extremely embarrassing.

Maybe 'Ull have decided to go out in a blaze of glory?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I can see the technical merits of it - being a single camera shot it's a hell of a piece of choreograhpy to get that in one take.

It looks like a DQF era version of The Symphony for Yorkshire and of this from The other Look North

MW
Mike W
I can see the technical merits of it - being a single camera shot it's a hell of a piece of choreograhpy to get that in one take.

It looks like a DQF era version of The Symphony for Yorkshire and of this from The other Look North

and Coventry Market: The Musical from BBC Midlands (2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9RCzN6oN0
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Exactly - a bit of PRS for Gary Barlow is cheaper than getting Benjamin Till to write something from scratch
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet

What the Hull was that for?
Did it really run for over 9 minutes of the programme?
JT
jolly turnip
Over two parts yes.

Ok a bit indulgent and possibly better over two nights so not to alienate non Lincolnites.

But I applaud all involved, especially BBC Radio Lincs who made it happen. Good stuff.

Unlike many I am concerned at the news that EY&L not getting a new HRLP, I fear a cut back in local service for our region.
RA
radiolistener
Over two parts yes.

Ok a bit indulgent and possibly better over two nights so not to alienate non Lincolnites.

But I applaud all involved, especially BBC Radio Lincs who made it happen. Good stuff.

Unlike many I am concerned at the news that EY&L not getting a new HRLP, I fear a cut back in local service for our region.

Can it be cut back any further when the 6.30 is just an ego fest and no news though, JT?
JT
jolly turnip
Over two parts yes.

Can it be cut back any further when the 6.30 is just an ego fest and no news though, JT?

Whether you consider it news or not or "ego fest" or not - it is local. And that is what I want. Merge back with Leeds (albeit with a say 8 min sub opt) people all over the EY&L region will have a fraction of the chance they will see places and people they know.
JT
jolly turnip

No people with disabilities featured and only one black face (7 minutes in).

Yep, welcome to Lincolnshire. Twinned with Nuremberg.

Personally I wasn't counting any minorities. Just watching it for what it was. If you really want to play with figures then I would suggest that if you walk down the High Street or Steep Hill you would probably say it was a fair representation of skin colour for example. But like I say, try to enjoy it for what it is - don't take it too seriously.

Everybody I spoke to today was impressed by it and thought it was entertaining.
SW
Steve Williams
Whether you consider it news or not or "ego fest" or not - it is local. And that is what I want. Merge back with Leeds (albeit with a say 8 min sub opt) people all over the EY&L region will have a fraction of the chance they will see places and people they know.

I agree with this, news from Leeds and Scarborough will be of no interest to me whatsoever. And maybe it's because I grew up with the likes of Stuart Hall and Tony Wilson reading the regional news but I don't see what's wrong with Peter Levy putting a bit of personality into it (which aside from the banter going into the weather is minimal at best).
RA
radiolistener
Over two parts yes.

But we don't anyway? It's just one story, followed by an appalling interview or an appalling video like the Lindub thing, and then it's 5 minutes of 'banter' Partridge style between Levy and a weatherman. There is no news in this sub opt area and what there is is akin to Father Ted's "Bicycle Stolen" report.
RA
radiolistener

No people with disabilities featured and only one black face (7 minutes in).

Yep, welcome to Lincolnshire. Twinned with Nuremberg.

The last time I watched a video, I wasn't playing spot the minority. Quite why you felt the need is beyond me.

Given that the BBC are very big on 'minorities' I've become accustomed to 'spot the minority' these days, it's very odd that the whole thing seems to be an advert for the Lincoln branch of the KKK.

Newer posts