The Gallery

TVP

Thought i'd do a logo update for the Polish TV network (June 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MF
Mr Fantastic
May you all have mercy on me.
Been a while since I've last posted - moved to the Middle East for a bit while I'm doing a work contract, it's quite fun, but quite hot. I was recently watching Eurovision Young Dancers, and did my usual thing of looking into the look, and seeing whether I could improve it. TVP has a lot of channels, so here we go. For the moment, these are just logos until I get more feedback.

larger version is here

many should be fairly obvious - Seriale is soaps, Rozrywka is entertainment (their colour scheme is pink), Polonia is for the Polish diaspora. Any comments on how to improve are welcome. The idea behind the logo is just to make it simple and minimalistic, but modern.
CR
Critique
I do generally think they are quite nice - they look the part and the '2' and '1' logos are particularly quite good. Despite this, I can't say I'm a fan of the fonts used for 'seriale', 'historia' and 'sport' - the fonts in all three of them don't seem that great, and the spacing in the sport logo seems particularly off.

However, there isn't much to judge, so I won't cast a full judgement yet. I generally like what I've seen so far, though!
AG
AxG
Like the linear versions, although some could do with changing and improvements to kerning and alignment. However I don't like the TVP1 and 2 logos.
DB
dbl
AxG posted:
Like the linear versions, although some could do with changing and improvements to kerning and alignment. However I don't like the TVP1 and 2 logos.

Ditto.
RO
rob Founding member
Nice ideas, but I agree with what AxG has said.
BR
Brekkie
Pretty much agree with the above, and think these are the sort of logos you can't judge fairly without seeing them in the context of the presentation package.

Newer posts