The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DT
DTV
BBC World News in the UK! (BBC World News stream of WHYS) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-22903370
WO
Worzel
The cameras going off on a mind of their own again today:

BA
Bail Moderator
That almost looks like the pointless top of the hour, make the cameras move during the wide, preset.
JO
Jon
They'll have to do something about this, if it keeps happening. It's becoming a bit of a joke now.
DO
dosxuk
Jon posted:
They'll have to do something about this, if it keeps happening. It's becoming a bit of a joke now.

There's only two real ways of preventing it though. Scrap the camera movements completely or ensure the operators don't make mistakes. The latter of which is going to take time, training and experience.

That said, even if the cameras worked perfectly from tomorrow onwards, certain members would find other things to complain about. At least the cameras going mad is amusing compared to the shouts of outrage at the temp files not being purged.
OF
oflahertya
I doubt they would do that the Daily Mail would go mad
DT
DTV
From what I have seen most of the camera 'malfunctions' have been in Studio E, however as has been said before I expect it'll all just iron out eventually.
ST
Stuart
Jon posted:

You have to laugh at the way it looks as though they are slowly trying to hide camera 1 behind the reporter's head in the final few seconds of that clip! Laughing
BA
Bail Moderator
Jon posted:

There's only two real ways of preventing it though. Scrap the camera movements completely or ensure the operators don't make mistakes. The latter of which is going to take time, training and experience.

That said, even if the cameras worked perfectly from tomorrow onwards, certain members would find other things to complain about. At least the cameras going mad is amusing compared to the shouts of outrage at the temp files not being purged.

As a cameraman, I'd rather they had a single camera operator there and perhaps the hotheads but ditch the rails.
HA
harshy Founding member
DTV posted:
From what I have seen most of the camera 'malfunctions' have been in Studio E, however as has been said before I expect it'll all just iron out eventually.

Studio C has had some as well, Studio B less so but that is partially manned.
NG
noggin Founding member
Jon posted:

I didn't think there were operators for the non-network bulletins? Just a combination of the director and automation system...
NG
noggin Founding member
Bail posted:
Jon posted:

As a cameraman, I'd rather they had a single camera operator there and perhaps the hotheads but ditch the rails.

The tracks do let you get decent eyelines - the old static peds with remotes stranded you with some shockingly bad eyelines. I don't think there is a budget for an operator - News 24 didn't have one.

Newer posts