TV Home Forum

Missing Presentation thread

List on P1. to talk about lost pres from over the year s (June 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PC
Paul Clark
I'm sure I have that third ident on an old VHS somewhere - I remember seeing that page in about 2001-2 and thinking "Oh I've got that" but when I went through my old videos and copied all the good bits to DVD in 2006, I couldn't find that tape :/ Probably stuffed in a box somewhere, if I uncover it will def have a look.

Aye - may be a similar situation here... There were a bunch of recorded X-Files episodes during the BBC 2 run from around the time kicking about where I am, but most with no continuity - except for any back-to-back stuff that was of interest as it was left to record - which a couple of the programmes from X-Files Night certainly were. I know which bunch of tapes it'll be in if it hasn't gone AWOL (which has inexplicably happened to items before, I shall add); I just don't know about the labelling...

I'll have a root around - double the chances, hopefully either of us might turn something up.

In terms of video, seems there are a few missing BBC 2 specials from the 90s - for example the Berlin Wall and Shakespeare symbols, and the Night School strand. I've yet to see this Presentation in action.

I've got a Night School clip I'll be uploading soon!

Aha - top stuff; will be interesting to see a bit of it as it was broadcast.
BE
benriggers
Aha - top stuff; will be interesting to see a bit of it as it was broadcast.

As promised Smile

PC
Paul Clark
Ah, nice! This pretty much answers a couple of questions I had... Cheers for this.

Somewhat true to a particular brand of BBC educational title music, the opening 'tune' is really quite bonkers... Laughing
Last edited by Paul Clark on 4 June 2013 10:58pm
:-(
A former member
Another missing piece:

Disney Channel:

introductions to the music interludes: 1995 - 96
GM
Gary McEwan
Grampian - North Today 2006 with Isla Traquair...

Does anyone have a North Tonight from this temporary era? There seems to be absolutely nothing on Youtube.
A former member
Not so much missing, but a better copy of the snowdon/LWT Promo from 1986.

I do know of other missing archive, post shortly.
TC
TonyCurrie
Last time it become a bit of joke but hopeful this time around it will be better.

As many people know, a rich heritage of television press is still awaiting to be seen by many old and new pres fans. I have spoken to a few people about this and there do agree with this idea, just as long as execute the thread better.

AS it stands the following is still missing:

Scottish:
* Scotland Today titles 1989
* Start up with the rotating ident.

There never was a startup with the rotating ident. The ident had to be played off VT and we would never have tied up a VT machine at that time of day just for an ident. The startup ident was taken from a slide. (Of course there was an animated ident used in 1961 at startup, but that's another story.)
A former member
Last time it become a bit of joke but hopeful this time around it will be better.

As many people know, a rich heritage of television press is still awaiting to be seen by many old and new pres fans. I have spoken to a few people about this and there do agree with this idea, just as long as execute the thread better.

AS it stands the following is still missing:

Scottish:
* Scotland Today titles 1989
* Start up with the rotating ident.

There never was a startup with the rotating ident. The ident had to be played off VT and we would never have tied up a VT machine at that time of day just for an ident. The startup ident was taken from a slide. (Of course there was an animated ident used in 1961 at startup, but that's another story.)

This is why I believe that was the case:

http://www.transdiffusion.org/tv/visionon/images/stv-colour.jpg

The specially commissioned 1957 piece of music 'Scotlandia' was played (incredibly) by Geraldo and his Orchestra and reflected the image of the station and the area it served. Scottish folk tunes, laments and traditional songs in orchestral form, formed a reasonable if rather predictable medley.

At the climax a slowly rotating '3D' STV 'illuminated name block' appears. One wonders if the design brief included a nod in the direction of the BBC1 globe? It's, er, a square world.

http://www.transdiffusion.org/tv/visionon/tiptoe_through_3
LT
LTSC1980
Here are some more....

Sky Movies
Presentation from 1998-2002 (As Sky Premier, Sky MovieMax, Sky Cinema)
Presentation from 2002-2003 (As Sky Movies Premier, Sky Movies Max, Sky Movies Cinema)
Presentation from 2003-2007 (As Sky Movies 1-10, Sky Cinema 1-2)
RTE
RTE News from around 80s and early 90s
RTE One and Network Two Christmas idents from around 1990s
Network Two idents from 1998 to 2003
RTE One idents from 2003 to 2006 (TVARK has them but not at all)
CO
Colm
Once more, YouTube is your friend.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cMJPVnIMyqTk53_TGllBA

You'll truly need to take time to look through this channel and truly appreciate how much archive material from RTÉ/TV3/TG4/HTV Wales/Sky Jay has uploaded so far, and that's just a taster of what he holds in his archive.
PC
Paul Clark
Col posted:
Once more, YouTube is your friend.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cMJPVnIMyqTk53_TGllBA

You'll truly need to take time to look through this channel and truly appreciate how much archive material from RTÉ/TV3/TG4/HTV Wales/Sky Jay has uploaded so far, and that's just a taster of what he holds in his archive.

And by the looks, some brilliant S4C pieces - which as your post illustrates always seems to get overlooked Wink

Definitely deserves a rummage through shortly, I think... How many clips total?
HA
HAR10110289
Here are some more....

S4C
S4C Spray Can ident
S4C Shower ident
S4C Pencil (Fire Version) ident
S4C Egg-cup ident

I also want the S4C Closedown Music on S4C Digidol from 2004.

Carlton
Home and Away ident
Daytime ident
Emmerdale ident
Morning ident
Peak practice ident
The Bill ident
Solider Soldier ident
Word game ident
Locations ident
Videotech ident
Carlton Country ident