TV Home Forum

An Audience With Les Dawson That Never Was

ITV (June 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RI
Richard
I watched a bit and found it incredibly creepy!
PC
Paul Clark
I watched a bit and found it incredibly creepy!

Same - caught a bit of it, and didn't like it; the way it was done just didn't look right, and made it seem sort of stilted in a way that was unsettling.
DA
David
He didn't interact with the audience at all and the material wasn't very topical either.
:-(
A former member
I have to wonder was the script already written? I just think there could have done a better job of this, with more interaction and more content. There managed to do that with Bob monkhouse advert, with new content added in with old stuff.

Could there not have followed out the original show?
RM
Roger Mellie
I have to wonder was the script already written?

Most of it was verbatim (audio copy?) from the Best Of Les Dawson DVD, as released by the BBC
:-(
A former member
I have to wonder was the script already written?

Most of it was verbatim (audio copy?) from the Best Of Les Dawson DVD, as released by the BBC

Nothing from Sez les?

what I mean is was the script for the 1993 show never written down?
NG
noggin Founding member
Not sure what people are getting at. They weren't recreating Les, they were just using existing footage in a different way. They had to write a script around what had been recorded when Les was alive, which they then composited into a different setting (i.e. cut the video with his face out and stuck it on a CGI body with a bit of texture mapping onto a head to give it some 3D-ness)

The Bob Monkhouse advert wasn't interactive - it was just cleverly scripted.
BA
bilky asko
Not sure what people are getting at. They weren't recreating Les, they were just using existing footage in a different way. They had to write a script around what had been recorded when Les was alive, which they then composited into a different setting (i.e. cut the video with his face out and stuck it on a CGI body with a bit of texture mapping onto a head to give it some 3D-ness)

The Bob Monkhouse advert wasn't interactive - it was just cleverly scripted.

Although a good deal of the Monkhouse advert used an impersonator with a slightly higher pitch.
JO
Jon
I wonder if Challenge will take the initiative with this having received quite good figures, and show Dawson's Blankety Blank again. They have done in the past.

Newer posts