Coronation Street

(May 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
Chewy posted:
Glad they got rid of the silly "Landlady" title on Betty's picture

I'd like to know where I can get my framed photos fireproofed
It's probably another copy, not the same photo. Do you really think nobody else had a copy? And if the frame is identical, well that's easy to replace too.
CH
chris
JAS84 posted:
Chewy posted:

It's probably another copy, not the same photo. Do you really think nobody else had a copy? And if the frame is identical, well that's easy to replace too.

Oh dear.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
David posted:
I was very surprised to find out how the name of Roy's father is spelt. I have never come across that name in written form before.

You mean "spelled", surely?

How ironic.
TC
TonyCurrie
'spelt' is every bit as correct as 'spelled'. See Dictionary for details.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member
Actually I did look it up after I posted - but one might as well commit to the bit when one foot is already in one's mouth.
JA
JAS84
chris posted:
JAS84 posted:
Chewy posted:
Oh dear.
Just saying. Photos are not irreplaceable as long as another copy exists somewhere.
DA
David
I'm sure two of the Meerkats were being Ken and Dierdre today. I wonder if there is a Meerkat interlude featuring Kevin and Baby Jack that we haven't seen yet.
JB
JasonB
David posted:
I'm sure two of the Meerkats were being Ken and Dierdre today.

Is that the one where the female meerkat runs off in the taxi?

10 days later

SP
Spencer
Great to see Liz is returning to Corrie again.

Coronation Street: Beverley Callard to return as Liz McDonald

I've always thought she's a great character. It'll be good to have someone who interacts well with Deirdre too, given Ken's absence.
WE
Westy2
Lets see how long she stays this time!
DJ
DJ Dave
Did anyone notice how fast Fizz got to the Hospital tonight? first scene she was in underworld with Sally and Carla etc, then the next scene she was in the Hospital with Ty and Tina.

She was very fast or the editors did a bad job Laughing
SC
Si-Co
We discussed a while ago whether different edits of the episodes were produced for overseas sales, ie. with a proper opening and closing sequence for each half-hour.

The episodes currently being shown on 7TWO in Australia are from 2005, and these clearly have not been re-edited by ITV. The second and fifth episode in each block (ie. the Monday and Friday 8.30 eps) have the brief opening sequence as seen on ITV, and the first and fourth episodes (the ones with no end credits) have been edited (presumably by Seven) to include a well out-of-date closing sequence from the ITV Hearts era (minus the cast frames - obviously the crew info is also largely incorrect).

Here's a poor-quality capture from 7WO a couple of weeks ago - remember this is an episode from 2005, three years after the 'hearts' credits were discontinued.

Episodes from 2013 (almost on a par with ITV) also air on a channel called UK-TV, along with recent episodes of Emmerdale, EastEnders and Hollyoaks. Whether these contain proper opening and closing sequences I'm not sure.

Newer posts