The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
A screengrab or a video? if its videos you are after try looking on YouTube.
BA
Bail Moderator
rts posted:
Has anyone got a cap of the titles when the News Channel has a live OB at TOTH? Ie full version, not the "short" version that cuts a pan of the newsroom and studio.

If you know of a day and hour it's happened I can dig it out.
GM
Gary McEwan
What was BBC News on Points of View for tonight? It was regarding a piece that Mishal Hussain was either reading or linking to....
DA
David
Points of View was on this afternoon and is probably still on BBC iPlayer if you want to see it. It featured a very brief bit about them showing the video taken of the fella with blood on his hands in Woolwich.
GM
Gary McEwan
David posted:
Points of View was on this afternoon and is probably still on BBC iPlayer if you want to see it. It featured a very brief bit about them showing the video taken of the fella with blood on his hands in Woolwich.

I was actually in the pub when it was on but couldn't hear it due to the other half of the pub still celebrating from the Scottish Cup Final....
SN
The SNT Three
Bail posted:
rts posted:
Has anyone got a cap of the titles when the News Channel has a live OB at TOTH? Ie full version, not the "short" version that cuts a pan of the newsroom and studio.

If you know of a day and hour it's happened I can dig it out.

They were rather randomly used at 11pm one night this week - I want to say Friday....

Actually, found them here except without the box -

Last edited by The SNT Three on 27 May 2013 12:06am
JO
Jonny
Yes, I don't understand why they don't use the in-sync 2013 version used by BBC World News?
BA
bilky asko
Jonny posted:
Yes, I don't understand why they don't use the in-sync 2013 version used by BBC World News?

Because that uses a different theme.
WE
Westy2
News Channel got a lie in this morning then?
EX
excel99
News Channel got a lie in this morning then?

Yes - happens every bank holiday that the NC is scheduled to take Breakfast until 9am
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I haven't seen any mention of this here - somebody has posted a video on YouTube of the News Channel falling off air for a couple of minutes at 5.55am last Wednesday morning, followed by them using the newsroom camera and then the view of BH from outside until Breakfast appeared from Salford.

I'm hoping I haven't been taken in by a mock. It is silent but the YT description states that music which I assume to be the countdown music was played.
DK
DanielK
Just found out the close track that BBC News have been using since 2008 is actually from the World News package. The National close is a repetitive bed with pips, whilst the WN closer is that bed plus strings and ticker sounds. The National track is actually two, the bed and then the tag, whilst the World News one is just one track, the close. That track was used to open the BBC News special on the death of Baroness Thatcher, when really it should have been the 'WN Long Titles' track.

Newer posts