TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

Series 7 (September 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
In Logopolis, yeah. I've not seen the TV episodes, but I've read the Target book. And it's true, he never chose to travel with any of them, nor their predecessor Romana, who was forced on him.
MW
Mike W
JAS84 posted:
In Logopolis , yeah. I've not seen the TV episodes, but I've read the Target book. And it's true, he never chose to travel with any of them, nor their predecessor Romana, who was forced on him.

Sounds like the Scottish branch of TVF...
ST
stevek2
don't think the 5th dr chose to travel with any of his companions, cant remember how turlough joined the dr but turlough rescued peri from drowning and took her on the tardis and the dr took off unaware she was on board
AM
amosc100
don't think the 5th dr chose to travel with any of his companions, cant remember how turlough joined the dr but turlough rescued peri from drowning and took her on the tardis and the dr took off unaware she was on board

Turlough was employed by The Black Guardian to try to destroy the Doctor, if I remember correctly he sneakedinto the Tardis, just before the Doctor entered and "took off"
JA
Jake
Looks like some people in America have received their copies of 7B early. Probably best avoiding any Who related forums if you want to avoid spoilers for the finale.
Last edited by Jake on 12 May 2013 5:53pm - 3 times in total
DJ
DJGM
Great ... so, some prat over there is likely to upload the series 7 finale to torrent sites, meaning it could potentially
affect the ratings for when the episode is actually broadcast, due to any number of people downloading it early.

Not good.
WP
WillPS
DJGM posted:
Great ... so, some prat over there is likely to upload the series 7 finale to torrent sites, meaning it could potentially
affect the ratings for when the episode is actually broadcast, due to any number of people downloading it early.

Not good.

It matters not. It'll hardly make a dent in the ratings and any effect it does have will be noted as being due to Worldwide failing to control release.
DA
davidhorman
DJGM posted:

Not good.

I'd think the bigger danger is from casual viewers stumbling across spoilers (though at least the tabloids seem to have toed the line lately) and not seeing any point watching the broadcast.

Lest anyone be tempted to download it (if it appears) don't forget it'll be a (probably shoddy) 25p->60i conversion!
BA
bilky asko
DJGM posted:

Not good.

I'd think the bigger danger is from casual viewers stumbling across spoilers (though at least the tabloids seem to have toed the line lately) and not seeing any point watching the broadcast.

Lest anyone be tempted to download it (if it appears) don't forget it'll be a (probably shoddy) 25p->60i conversion!

Not if it's from the Blu-ray.
JA
JAS84
Yeah, encodes could potentially be just as good as iPlayer.
DA
davidhorman
Not if it's from the Blu-ray.

JAS84 posted:
Yeah, encodes could potentially be just as good as iPlayer.

It'll have a much higher bitrate than iPlayer, but it's a US blu-ray, so it will be 60i - probably 30p once it gets turned into a torrent.
MI
Michael
Another classic Dr Who alumnus passed onto the other side today.
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsW/tve18696-19720101-98.jpghttp://www.starwarsautographcollecting.com/Autographs/WillyWonka/AubreyWoods3.jpg
Aubrey Woods, the Controller from the Day of the Daleks, who also played the Candy Man in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.

Newer posts