TV Home Forum

Doctor Who

Series 7 (September 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
stevek2
JAS84 posted:
Seems to have been in use in the 4th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumbria

thank you, I stand corrected Smile
JA
JAS84
I see the Doctor likes his comics. He was reading the 1981 Beano Summer Special in today's episode, and the Quick Reads book The Silurian Gift has him mention the Beezer and Whizzer and Chips.
DJ
DJGM
Did anyone else spot the TARDIS make a cameo appearance on Foyle's War last night?

Probably a coincidence, but that looks a lot like the actual 2005-2010 TARDIS prop, but with one small difference.
FL
flaziola
No, BUT I think it did turn up in the Sarah Jane Adventures where there was a story that Sarah Jane returned to the 60s and mistook a real Police Box for the Tardis.
DJ
DJGM

No, BUT I think it did turn up in the Sarah Jane Adventures where there was a story
that Sarah Jane returned to the 60s and mistook a real Police Box for the Tardis.

That would be ... this one:
http://djgm1974.kitamuracomputers.net/images/SJA-S2E10--PoliceBox.png

That particular Police Box prop was most recently seen on The One Show special about the closure of BBC TVC . . .
http://djgm1974.kitamuracomputers.net/images/SJA-S2E10--PoliceBox--on-TheOneShow-TVC.png

It's also somewhat smaller in stature than the actual TARDIS props used on Doctor Who since 2005.

28 days later

ST
stevek2
not many comments on dr who

liked the references to the 5th doctor in tonights episode, he once spent a long time trying to get a rather gobby australian to heathrow airport, then says brave heart clara
JA
JAS84
He never did like Tegan, did he? He tried to ditch her once, only for Omega (a villainous Time Lord) to kidnap her next episode and reunite them.
NG
noggin Founding member
not many comments on dr who

liked the references to the 5th doctor in tonights episode, he once spent a long time trying to get a rather gobby australian to heathrow airport, then says brave heart clara

Though that was a very nice touch - particularly the "Brave heart, Clara" line.
DA
davidhorman

Balanced out by that excruciating "TomTom" bit...
FN
FromtheNorth
Probably my favourite episode of the series, if not of recent time.
Good characters, a straight-forward mystery story, jumpy moments, humour, great sets and great acting.
More please!
NG
noggin Founding member

Balanced out by that excruciating "TomTom" bit...

Probably shouldn't admit that that raised a smile in our household. But was predicted about 10" earlier...
ST
stevek2
JAS84 posted:
He never did like Tegan, did he? He tried to ditch her once, only for Omega (a villainous Time Lord) to kidnap her next episode and reunite them.

remember the 4th dr ranting at adric nissa and tegan that they werent companions, one was a stowaway, one got lost in the tardis and the other was only there because she begged him to find her father

Newer posts