« Topics
patrickm197 posts since 12 Sep 2003
UTV BBC World News
Anyone manage to see today yesterday. The echo! The sound was horrendous. And they kept mentioning it was in cork over and over and over. And what was up with their interaction, they behaved as it was an American show with idle banter between segments. Car crash TV at its best.

A tip for RTE, intergrate the news bulletin and don't have it like a separate show. A hand over and hello from Dublin would be nice.
rdd3,416 posts since 21 Jun 2001

A tip for RTE, intergrate the news bulletin and don't have it like a separate show. A hand over and hello from Dublin would be nice.

They might not be able to, if the show is sponsored (or the intention is to try and attract a sponsor), as news and current affairs programmes can't be sponsored.

Just having a quick glance at it on the RT Player now, the studio is very reminiscent of TV3's Midday but darker.
edmund1,227 posts since 21 Sep 2009
Quote:
It doesn't look too bad to me - then again, I've not seen the first one.

[url=http://skyidents.com/-----3e-bounce.php[/url] Here is where the animation of the '3' and 'e' has came from. The backround was just removed. Suppose it's a reasonable effort seeing the current financial state of TV3.
p_c_u_k2,069 posts since 27 Mar 2004
they behaved as it was an American show with idle banter between segments.

As a complete outsider to it all I found Irish TV fascinating when I was over there. It seemed influenced as much by American daytime TV shows as it does British ones, some shows that are completely up to date to shows that British TV wouldn't do any more.

Irish TV seemed to vary wildly between brilliant (the sports coverage leaves Britain's golf club member boredom miles behind) to the ridiculous (I remember some God awful quiz show that was on - jeez). At the same time I'm slightly jealous of the Irish set-up - having access to the BBC, but at the same time having a strong independent television network of your own.