The Newsroom

BBC National/News Channel from New Broadcasting House

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
That has to be one of the worst TOTHs sequences I've seen, and it seemed deliberate.

Normal titles fading in to a shot of the reporter just standing waiting for it to finish (I assume also waiting for World).
WO
Worzel
chris posted:
That has to be one of the worst TOTHs sequences I've seen, and it seemed deliberate.

Normal titles fading in to a shot of the reporter just standing waiting for it to finish (I assume also waiting for World).

I was about to post the same thing. The graphics crashed, also.

They should have just run the World News ones.

Edit, they now just crashed out of Mark Mardell's report for no reason.
CA
Cando

What else could she have said? "To see the pictures, turn over in 35 seconds time"? "To see the pictures, you'll have to have the virtue of patience because we have half a minute of trailers"? "To see the pictures, you mustn't be an impatient oaf"?

Indeed an utterly nonsensical complaint.

Drop the trailers, Fiona stays on the NC and fills for a few seconds until the NC presenter is in position in front of the video screens to show the pictures?

What, one of the National presenters exclusively appear on the News channel for a few seconds... Nah, of course not. Wink

The trailer time is to set up for the paper review.
LU
Luke
Cando posted:

you're funny
i think Steve put it pretty well
BA
bilky asko
What else could she have said? "To see the pictures, turn over in 35 seconds time"? "To see the pictures, you'll have to have the virtue of patience because we have half a minute of trailers"? "To see the pictures, you mustn't be an impatient oaf"?

Drop the trailers, Fiona stays on the NC and fills for a few seconds until the NC presenter is in position in front of the video screens to show the pictures?

The point was that some blithering idiot turned over because of mere seconds of trailers.

Luke posted:
Cando posted:

you're funny
i think Steve put it pretty well

Oh, here he is now.
HP
hprades

Friday's 8pm TOTH titles.
Last edited by hprades on 20 April 2013 9:46am
WE
Westy2
Takes them a few seconds to sort out the graphics doesnt it.
BA
bakamann
Takes them a few seconds to sort out the graphics doesnt it.

At least it only take them a few minutes to sort it out, because for some reason... BBCWN gallery takes a while before they take the live box logo off.
SN
The SNT Three

Friday's 8pm TOTH titles.

Why didn't they use the titles they'd been using for the other news specials? Seems a bit silly to just have Laura standing there for 6-7 seconds.... Alternatively they could have had a 'wide shot' of the scene although I assume they had only one camera...
DK
DanielK
Move the camera further back and zoom and pan over to Laura?
HO
House
Move the camera further back and zoom and pan over to Laura?

You don't know how much (or little) space was behind them, it looked like quite a packed scene.
DK
DanielK
Was there not that pool TV News helicopter allowed into the restricted airspace too?

Newer posts