TV Home Forum

ITV's six new idents

Split from ITV Rebrand 2013 (April 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TO
tomo359
New ident before Britain's Got talent (well first time I've seen it). Group of street dancers to upbeat music. Pretty good actually, ideal for BGT
CR
Critique
They used an ident at the beginning of the break to mention something 'Coming up'... Very odd.
AG
AxG
That was odd, is it like the BBC's cubes?
TO
tomo359
Another new ident just seen to introduce a special interactive advert. It was a fairground waltz. Another upbeat ident perfect for entertainment programmes. Shame these two new idents weren't around for Saturday Night Takeaway.

Sorry I'm unable to capture any of these. Having trouble with my other computer Sad
TO
tomo359
They used an ident at the beginning of the break to mention something 'Coming up'... Very odd.

ITV (and others like Channel 4) have done this quite a few times in the past to introduce any special adverts.
CR
Critique
Oh, is that what it was for! I didn't quite catch what the CA said - I thought the music contrasted with the visuals of the ident.
AG
AxG
I may have had it on mute. Smile
DB
dbl
Another new ident...with rubber ducks at a fairground.
BR
Brekkie
Variety is definitely the key with these idents - the more the better really. Must say though not a fan of the BGT break bumper and I think special breakbumpers is one thing that's a bit difficult with this look.
FA
fanoftv
Variety is definitely the key with these idents - the more the better really. Must say though not a fan of the BGT break bumper and I think special breakbumpers is one thing that's a bit difficult with this look.

I thought it looked a bit tacky as it used the same bumper as last year where the 3D effect didn't blend well with the 2D of the new logo. I presume it's something that they didn't think about in the design & are therefore experimenting with.
TO
tomo359
Yet another new ident tonight before the news. 4 new idents all seen during one night Smile
DB
dbl
Make that 5... a horse smiling.

Newer posts