Media Websites

TV Forum Neon

General Site Discussion (August 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
I think it's a lot to ask Asa to do for something which is merely decorative. If it was a problem along the lines of, for example, the actual text of the posts that wasn't being rendered in retina form then I'd agree, but it's not a problem affecting the content so it's not really that big of a problem, other than it's not particularly nice to look at.

At this rate we should be asking for a bigger favicon for Windows 8's Start screen like websites like The Verge have, or something similar. It's just not needed when Asa's time can be better spent elsewhere improving the site that can be seen by all users and not those on specific platforms Smile
RO
rob Founding member
I think it's a lot to ask Asa to do for something which is merely decorative. If it was a problem along the lines of, for example, the actual text of the posts that wasn't being rendered in retina form then I'd agree, but it's not a problem affecting the content so it's not really that big of a problem, other than it's not particularly nice to look at.

At this rate we should be asking for a bigger favicon for Windows 8's Start screen like websites like The Verge have, or something similar. It's just not needed when Asa's time can be better spent elsewhere improving the site that can be seen by all users and not those on specific platforms Smile

Hear, hear.
BA
bilky asko

My point exactly - not only is it unnecessary at this moment in time, but it's also the wrong solution to the "problem", as it were. I also have to say that making such changes piecemeal would be pointless.
:-(
A former member
I read regularly on my iPhone and, I'll be honest, I didn't notice this because - oh yes - it's not important.
TW
tweedledum
I read regularly on my iPhone and, I'll be honest, I didn't notice this because - oh yes - it's not important.

I do too, the only problem I have is on non-neon the login is a little bit small, but pressing Remember Me sorts that!
WP
WillPS
I'm with the people who say pandering to the 1% of users who've more money than sense is ridiculous.
:-(
A former member
Not really sure that having an iPhone / iPad equals having "more money than sense". You sound very cynical and unhappy. Lighten up. Free your mind.
ES
Ebeneezer Scrooge
...and become an iSheep
MI
Michael
Not really sure that having an iPhone / iPad equals having "more money than sense". You sound very cynical and unhappy. Lighten up. Free your mind.

Well when you can get Android devices that do the same, or more, for vastly less money, then yes, getting an Apple product sometimes equates to people choosing a brand over performance.
DA
David

Well when you can get Android devices that do the same, or more, for vastly less money, then yes, getting an Apple product sometimes equates to people choosing a brand over performance.

To be fair, they could also be working for an employer or attending an educational establishment with more money than sense too.
JA
Jake
This seems to be going off topic, but high resolution devices extend beyond Apple. Most flagship phones and tablets have similar or higher dpi. It wouldn't just be a case of pandering to Apple users, they just have the memorable "retina" moniker.
BA
bilky asko
Jake posted:
This seems to be going off topic, but high resolution devices extend beyond Apple. Most flagship phones and tablets have similar or higher dpi. It wouldn't just be a case of pandering to Apple users, they just have the memorable "retina" moniker.

The code that pad linked to only works on Apple devices I believe.

I noticed that the PM windows uses http://tvfi/neon/ttl-small.png
Is it meant to be missing the right double quotation mark?

Newer posts