« Topics
AdamABC259 posts since 2 Apr 2013
Hi, first post! Does anyone know if Emily Maitlis has a slot on NC? According to Wikipedia (not overly trustworthy, but...), she still presented 2-5 along with Matthew Amroliwala, and they have a source to prove it. Apart from presenting the News at Five a week ago, I haven't seen her!

Hello, Emily has been on the channel twice since the new look began:
Thursday 21st March 5-6pm;
Wednesday 27th March 2-5pm with Matthew Amroliwala.

Thanks. However, are these just as a relief presenter?
George Hill425 posts since 30 Apr 2012
Reporting Scotland
Hi, first post! Does anyone know if Emily Maitlis has a slot on NC? According to Wikipedia (not overly trustworthy, but...), she still presented 2-5 along with Matthew Amroliwala, and they have a source to prove it. Apart from presenting the News at Five a week ago, I haven't seen her!

Hello, Emily has been on the channel twice since the new look began:
Thursday 21st March 5-6pm;
Wednesday 27th March 2-5pm with Matthew Amroliwala.

Thanks. However, are these just as a relief presenter?

Most of the rotas we only know from watching the TV ourselves. There haven't been enough Monday's since the relaunch to establish if Emily is remaining there, and as far as I know no one has had any other insights into this.
Westy24,345 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Does anyone know of any decent regional people that could be given a run on the NC in the future?

I wouldve said, before she left the Beeb contreversally, Suzanne Virdee, basically as she used to be one of Big Moira's covers on Breakfast a few years ago!
Gary McEwan3,384 posts since 23 May 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Does anyone know of any decent regional people that could be given a run on the NC in the future?

I wouldve said, before she left the Beeb contreversally, Suzanne Virdee, basically as she used to be one of Big Moira's covers on Breakfast a few years ago!

Yeah I'd agree with Suzanne Virdee, Midlands Today were highly stupid in the way they treated her.

I know he's done it before, but Roger Johnson would be good on a slot. I also think Alex Lovell would be good at it.
Jaxford251 posts since 6 Dec 2011
Meridian (South) South Today

I only watch South Today and London News but the ones that stand out for me are Dani Sinha, Amy Garcia, Alex Bushill and Asad Ahmed.
These are the people who stand out for me. Dani Sinha has already done a bit on BBC WN and Asad Ahmed has done things for Breakfast before but I could see these two in particular on the NC in the future.
https://twitter.com/#!/jackaxford http://www.bbcnewsfix.moonfruit.co.uk/
Is it me, or is Annita McVeigh just not suited for early evening? I remember watching her in the 1100 slot before with Matthew during the breaking news of Benedict XVI resigning, and she seems more suited to this sort of hour, although I enjoy the Brown-Gosling combo. She's a bit too serious for early evening, though shes a great newsreader.
House3,168 posts since 13 Mar 2007
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Is it me, or is Annita McVeigh just not suited for early evening? I remember watching her in the 1100 slot before with Matthew during the breaking news of Benedict XVI resigning, and she seems more suited to this sort of hour, although I enjoy the Brown-Gosling combo. She's a bit too serious for early evening, though shes a great newsreader.

Agreed. Julian Worricker, Chris Eakin or Martine Croxall would be better suited.

Agreed. Julian Worricker, Chris Eakin or Martine Croxall would be better suited.

It's disappointing that Sophie didn't get this slot, as she is much more light, but still professional.
LeeWN402 posts since 29 Jan 2013
BBC World

So am I. They must bring back Chris Eakin's regular late shift. It's really good. Smile