TV Home Forum

Happy 12th Birthday TVForum

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Isonstine Founding member

Ha, some of those thread names made me smile. Whatever happened to Katherine?

And not a rota thread in sight - bliss!

A reminder of the great days of the chatroom too - with myself and a certain 'Cheshirec' presiding over discussion which often had nothing to do with television.

On the subject of whatevers - Whatever happened to Jaron? Laughing

Edit: Gosh, "J a r o n" is also in the swear filter. Is TV Forum trying to cover up its past? Perhaps we need to get Eddie Mair on the case.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Who here is old enough to remember the original name for TV Home?

I remember reading about it (and it still being online) on the TV Home history page - wasn't it something like UK Television?

10 points!
WH
Whataday Founding member

A reminder of the great days of the chatroom too - with myself and a certain 'Cheshirec' presiding over discussion which often had nothing to do with television.

On the subject of whatevers - Whatever happened to *****? Laughing

Edit: Gosh, "J a r o n" is also in the swear filter. Is TV Forum trying to cover up its past? Perhaps we need to get Eddie Mair on the case.

Those were the days! Made some good friends back then, although I've lost contact with the feline. And Jamez. I remember The Lounge closing because of a certain comment he made about a certain newsreader. The PROPER Lounge Laughing

Incidentally I've just remembered that my screen name Whataday goes back to the day that Granada bought the UNM regions, and HTV was left in limbo (Carlton was only one of the proposed bidders and for a moment it looked like UTV or Channel's owners were going to swoop) What a day that was!

Where is that Cheshire c@t??
SA
samwsmith1
Happy Birthday TV Forum!
IT
itsrobert Founding member

Haha look at that! Not a generic thread in sight! And amazingly two threads started by yours truly Very Happy

Happy birthday, TVF. 12 years later and you still entertain me on a daily basis. Keep up the good work Asa!
NH
Nick Harvey Founding member
Whataday posted:
Whatever happened to Katherine?
She left.
SC
Si-Co
Blooming heck - UK Today I had all but forgotten about.

Nice to see some of the memorable contributors are still around today!

Happy 12th TV Forum - the stroppy teenage years start next year!
AS
Asa Admin

No conspiracy, just the filter list hasn't been cleared out in years. "*n Brass" and "Vanderstarre" were in there too!

It's a bit patchy at the start but most of the posts to have ever graced the site are at http://neon.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/2001/mar/ - including the first ever topic.
NW
nwtv2003
Happy 12th Birthday TVF, been on here since November 2001, I was 14 then now I'm 26, man I feel old....
WH
Whataday Founding member
I've not stopped laughing at remembering the thread "Can Kay Burley Shut Her Eyes?"
PE
Pete Founding member
Asa posted:

No conspiracy, just the filter list hasn't been cleared out in years. "*n Brass" and "Vanderstarre" were in there too!

how about everyone's favourite email address youresohot@bbc.co.uk ?
AS
Aston

On the subject of whatevers - Whatever happened to Jaron? Laughing

Haha, I couldn't not reply and say hello with his name mentioned!

Don't really come here much any more, and post even less. I got caught out posting on here about a programme I was working on towards the start of my career (about 10 years ago!), and soon decided it was best to take a back-seat.

Remember fondly looking back on Jaron-gate, the great forum crash and the spinning off of The Lounge (something I always thought was a shame).

Think I found the forum through TV Home (as it was TV Home Forum back then) as my inner TV geek was interested in all the presentation from the other ITV regions. Remember everyone watching and commenting as ITV killed off its regional presentation and it turned into "ITV1". Sigh...

Newer posts