The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
RDJ posted:
Absolutely zero mention of it on tonight's bulletin. Apart from her saying goodnight 'for the final time'.

I think you might want to check my video on the previous page.

The OP meant the post News At Ten bulletin

Ah, in that case my apologies.

Isn't tomorrow the final bulletin from Quay Street, with the first from MediaCity on Sunday?

Yes, Catherine Jacob tomorrow and Tony Morris on Sunday.
DJ
DJ Dave
Don't forget Quay street does not close for good until Corrie goes, so they might be leaving a bit till then. Gordon Burns said he has been filming for a show about it so, who knows.
NW
nwtv2003
Don't forget Quay street does not close for good until Corrie goes, so they might be leaving a bit till then. Gordon Burns said he has been filming for a show about it so, who knows.

Indeed but Coronation Street has been coming from a separate studio for a while, ie they don't use Studios 2,6,8, 10, 12 etc, the end of Granada Reports there does pretty much end the day to day use, especially as Univeristy Challenge, Countdown and Jeremy Kyle have moved too. Any date on when Coronation Street is moving? It feels like not much has happened for a while, although I don't think it'll be any time this year.
DJ
DJGM
Like I asked earlier, any ideas on when studios 2,6,8 and 10 at Granada close down for ever? Could any of those studios
still be booked for use by production companies while Corrie is still there, Or have ITV already decommissioned them
completely by now, and have started to dismantle them in preparation for when the demolition people arrive?
BR
Brekkie
I guess then this will be the first ITV regional show (and possible the first BBC/ITV regional show) to have a real view since London Tonight moved to ITN back in 2004.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Lucy Meacock and Tony Morris' final farewell from Quay Street: destroyed by that early play out of the theme music. Why?
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
What facilities are there at the new studios ? Are they shared facilities at Media City ?

What programmes are made there apart from Countdown, Jeremy Kyle & University Challenge ?
Last edited by Square Eyes on 23 March 2013 3:07pm
NG
noggin Founding member
What facilities are there at the new studios ? Are they shared facilities at Media City ?

What programmes are made there apart from Countdown, Jeremy Kyle & University Challenge ?

Countdown, Kyle and University Challenge are made at Dock 10 studios (the new name for MCSL aka Peel Studios) which are the studios that are also used by the BBC for some of their Salford productions (Match of the Day / Final Score etc.) AIUI ITV have a deal for access to studio space, and Peel have now equipped another gallery (with an ex-Granada/3Sixty vision mixer I believe?)

AFAIK ITV only have a local news studio in their new building - ignoring the Corrie stuff - and the other studio shows that used to be made at Granada/3Sixty have moved into Dock 10 (as was originally hoped would be the case when the facility was built).

More info here : http://www.dock10.co.uk/#studios
AC
aconnell
News of new studio at MediaCityUK, because it will in fact have a window as part of the set with views of Salford Quays.

Option not to have windows on show is possible too. Sounds very well thought out, considering windows would have been put in that way when the Orange Tower was constructed. So the new studio will have the real view of what North West Tonight has on their plasmas.

Really looking forward to tomorrow. I have high expectations for Granada's new studio!
AM
amosc100
DJGM posted:
Like I asked earlier, any ideas on when studios 2,6,8 and 10 at Granada close down for ever? Could any of those studios
still be booked for use by production companies while Corrie is still there, Or have ITV already decommissioned them
completely by now, and have started to dismantle them in preparation for when the demolition people arrive?

I always thought Studio 10 never actually existed at Quay Street!
DJ
DJ Dave
DJGM posted:

was it not 2,4,6,8?? I know they use to number them like that to look like there was more.
AM
amosc100
DJGM posted:

was it not 2,4,6,8?? I know they use to number them like that to look like there was more.

They did used to number the studios in even numbers only, but IISTR Studio 10 was based in London. Not too sure if there was a Studio 12.

Newer posts